Speed Cameras

Theskeat

...and now it's invasion of the dick'eds who still think we haven't any speed limits over here

Nice generalisation of 12,000 bikes and 40,000 people visiting our Island.

Also a nice generalisation of the people that come here on holiday and keep lots of the shops and cafes going for another year with their hard earned money.

R C Drift there are plenty of other places these people could go on holiday, places where it's much less expensive.

But no they choose to come here because they love our little Island.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said WilDDog! I would say the dickheads are a very small minority of the TT fans who visit. Most just want a good time, enjoy the races and the general ambience, (after all, they are on holiday) and I, for one, am very pleased to see the invasion has got off to a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

"still no news from the DoT on the outcome of the controversial speed questionnaire"

a surprise not that the results won't be available until after the TT... is this a case of the DoT "managing the news"... so that TT visitors don't get to hear of what's going on until they come back in 2007 and find there are limits in place...

"still no news from the DoT on the outcome of the controversial speed questionnaire"

a surprise not that the results won't be available until after the TT... is this a case of the DoT "managing the news"... so that TT visitors don't get to hear of what's going on until they come back in 2007 and find there are limits in place...

Since Tynwald, not the DoT, will be making the decision, the 'consultation' was almost as irrelevant as an average manxchatterbox post.

Lonan3... "the 'consultation' was almost as irrelevant as an average manxchatterbox post".

Adj. 1. irrelevant - having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue

to make a post is to make an expression of a point of view...so no post can possibly be irrelevant....

Lonan3... "the 'consultation' was almost as irrelevant as an average manxchatterbox post".

Adj. 1. irrelevant - having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue

to make a post is to make an expression of a point of view...so no post can possibly be irrelevant....

How can anyone be dumb enough to quote that definition and then.... Oh, I'm wasting my time, aren't I? You really are that stupid, aren't you?

so no post can possibly be irrelevant....

I found 1753 examples that contradict your theory right here

I thought the number was 1,086 (the number of MCB's posts at this moment in time).

MCB is Member No.: 1,753, Maybe a mix up?

Just a quick point regarding enforcement.

If they want to put them somewhere important, why not outside the schools? Every morning I drive past Braddan Primary School which displays a 20mph sign during school start / finish times (40mph at other times).

I drive at 20mph when the sign is lit.

People who are in front of me pull away.

People who are behind, bunch up at my rear.

Vans park on the ~~SCHOOL - NO PARKING~~ painted instructions on the road.

I would deem schools and homezones to be of high importance when it comes to the DOT determining where they place cameras.

I would also think that the Police would have taken a pretty dim view of speeding outside schools but I'm obviously wrong as I can't recall ever seeing Police patrolling there.

Couldn't agree more with you on this one but some of the worst offenders are mothers in 4x4's taking their kids to school!

...and now it's invasion of the dick'eds who still think we haven't any speed limits over here

Sorry but most of the "dick'eds" that drive recklessly live here all the time!

Sorry but most of the "dick'eds" that drive recklessly live here all the time!

Absolutely. Once again this year I've seen plenty of bikers riding like utter tools - and the vast majority have all been local.

I was out walking towards Ramsey tonight and saw a woman in a red jeep on her mobile phone going against the flow of traffic and yes they were Manx plates.

The "offending" item,

It better not be a speed camera because I don’t know of anyone who could even get over 35 going over the bridge on open roads without getting some serious air!

Those pics are of a Truvelo ( http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/Truvelo.htm )

I have to say I feel sorry for you guys - while I do agree with the use of these cameras in certain areas over here they at least are just been plonked where the most money can be made... this was prooved by Top Gear last year.

They need to go where needed and with the change of the law again next year in England etc they can start hiding them again.

Lastly - its been prooved that speed cameras only assist in reducing speed - Linconshire is taking the lead and having installed very few compaired the rest of the contry have had the bigest reduction of deaths over all - how ? Education.

If you are desprate to speed though past these things there are many gizmos you can get like detectors, number plate flippers and more.... just is it worth it ?

Terran

EDIT

If some one with a GPS feels like it they can upload the positions of these cameras to http://www.scdb.info/ and http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php where I belve you get free life time subscriptions for submitting new cameras.

Archived