Speed Cameras

Theskeat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not a Truvelo, Someone posted what is was before but i've forgotten, A watchman or something
You may be right.... very close though.... there is some new types in London which are fully digital... looks simular to this... I wonder if its a variation ?

Terran

More propaganda.

Notice the MR report headlined 'Massive increase in speeders' which adds 'the police issued almost 240 summonses for speeding cars and motorbikes during this years TT – four times the amount issued last year.'

IMHO, headlines such as these make people think that speeding is the issue and these 'evil speeders' are on the increase and must be managed, when in reality more 'speeders' were caught because of temporary speed limits, a much higher police presence on the mountain, and the reality was that the majority of these speeders represented no danger whatsoever. I wonder how many of these speeders were actually caught in built up areas or were caught driving dangerously?

More propaganda.

Notice the MR report headlined 'Massive increase in speeders' which adds 'the police issued almost 240 summonses for speeding cars and motorbikes during this years TT – four times the amount issued last year.'

IMHO, headlines such as these make people think that speeding is the issue and these 'evil speeders' are on the increase and must be managed, when in reality more 'speeders' were caught because of temporary speed limits, a much higher police presence on the mountain, and the reality was that the majority of these speeders represented no danger whatsoever. I wonder how many of these speeders were actually caught in built up areas or were caught driving dangerously?

Also makes you wonder how much they were over the speed limit.

Well.. the speeders were caught in restricted zones. So why would that have any influence upon limiting the speed on unrestricted zones other than the fact that we'd need an extra 110 police hours (or whatever the quoted figure) every week to police these extra speed limits?

But were they caught out on the temporary speed limit sections like Chopley?, There wasn't any need for a speed limit there, Just trying to add more fuel to the speed limit debate.

If they were caught speeding in 20mph and 30mph zones its serves them right and i hope they get a huge fine and points aswell.

How many are Manx car drivers, how many on R plates, I did several laps over the mountain on mad sunday and the only bad driving that I noticed was by Manxies in cars.

Well done to the Visiting bikers this year, your riding was first class

anyone thought how this increased police presence and subsequent increase in people caught speeding over TT fortnight was just a ploy to further support a national limit?

call me a cynic but one mans mission to impose this limit seems to take priority over all common sense (and the will of the islands inhabitants)

anyone thought how this increased police presence and subsequent increase in people caught speeding over TT fortnight was just a ploy to further support a national limit?

call me a cynic but one mans mission to impose this limit seems to take priority over all common sense (and the will of the islands inhabitants)

OK - I don't currently live in the IOM ( and all things planned hopefully I will in a couple of years ) but this thinking applys there and over here. In urban areas and especially round places like schools, high accident areas etc I totally agree with having a speed limit. In areas where there is no one around ( and it is safe to do so <----- And I stress this bit ) does it matter ?

Alternativly make those that want to ignore the speed limit take their advanced license - I am purley because I belive there is more to good driving that been able to go fast... that does not mean that I am boaring and dont... look at what I drive ... bit again in safe areas ie Motorway & certain areas in the Lakes for example...

Terran

The Islands first fixed speed camera will be in operation before TT week, the first of many being installed arround the Island will be located on the approach to Ballaugh Bridge. :angry:

I believe the object in question has been removed? clickey

I believe the object in question has been removed? clickey

Didn't someone say that the land was private and nobody asked permission to put it there in the first place.

Unless that "cable" was clever enough to know which end was being run over surely the reason there are two is to measure the traffic in both directions...or am I just being thick?!?!?!?

Imagine that your right, Just senses how many times it is run over.

It would have to be a very small speed monitoring device to fit in that cable.

Ahhh yes but if both sides were only triggered once in the space of 30 seconds or so, then it would be obvious it was just one car that had done both of them, so those two recordings could be compiled to give an accurate average speed reading of that vehicle.

Hmmm...so the rat run in the morning then would make some interesting readings....given that 100s of cars trapse over in the space of an hour or so. Sounds bollox to me.

Archived