Traffic Lights For Quarterbridge?

modey

So we're agreed then... Manx number plate = Manx driver??

Oh wait have I just discovered the flaw in your logic??

personally I find your coments offensive.

No. Manx driver = Manx attitude. Comment made by Manx contibutor.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't we all get a fucking grip and realise that the 'problem' isn't that bad in the first place.

Traffic flows very well through the QB, however, eastbound traffic is held up a little more than that coming from other directions. Big deal. You only do it once and then you know the score don't you.

Again mountains srping from molehills......

Until any of us can actually stop generalising, then there is no point even having this conversation about Manx drivers. Because you cannot identify or even properly define what or who a Manx driver is.

Who is a Manx driver?

Manx born, passed test on IOM

Manx born, passed test on IOM, but has driven all over the world

Manx born but passed test elsewhere

Not Manx born, but passed test here

Not Manx born passed test elsewhere, but has mostly experience of driving on the Island.

ITS NOT MANX DRIVERS IT IS THE OVERALL STANDARD OF DRIVING ON THE ISLAND!

Bring in compentancy tests for driving licence exchanges and retest every few years. If you can't pass then you shouldn't be driving.

And not meaning to get personal, but I know your a taxi driver, and I would personally say that some Taxi drivers are some of the worse drivers, maybe not technically, but in terms of taking risks and putting other drivers at risk they are.

Manx Attitude?? Sorry you've lost me there

You do however seem to be forgeting that most of us Manx drivers were taught here on the Island which gives us a great deal of experience of our roads and our traffic system. Not only that our test is (or was) a damn site harder than that of the UK & as part of that test you had to safely negotiate the likes of Quarterbridge in order to pass.

It seems to be a bit of hobby of some on this forum to blame the natives for all of societies ills....

Archived