England Flags

hboy

I am going out to buy a Manx flag tomorrow and I am going to put it on my car aerial.

Perhaps its just me but the proliferation of idiots driving round with a cross of St George flag on each corner of the car, or stuck in their front room window has really started to annoy.

Why people need to do this? and more to the point is it courteous to force these flags into everyones faces when none of us are living in England? I bet you don't see them to any great degree in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, yet here the damn flags are everywhere.

Is it worth having a poll on this?

Has anyone else got a view?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I often see a car with two St George's flags stuck on the back wings and it does irritate, I know it shouldn't, but there you go. I just don't understand why sport creates such fervant nationalism; it's only a game for Gawd's sake!

Yes, I often see a car with two St George's flags stuck on the back wings and it does irritate, I know it shouldn't, but there you go. I just don't understand why sport creates such fervant nationalism; it's only a game for Gawd's sake!

I must say that if it was a Union Jack it wouldn't get me wound up as its more multi cultural (a united kingdom) but there is something unwholesome about some of the connotations associated with that particular flag.

I must say that if it was a Union Jack it wouldn't get me wound up as its more multi cultural (a united kingdom) but there is something unwholesome about some of the connotations associated with that particular flag.

But as it isn't a United Kingdom team taking part, the English national flag is the one to fly if you are that way inclined.

The united kingdom didn't qualify for the world cup,england did.

Why shouldn't someone fly there national flag, you don't hear people having a go about the irish and the scottish flying there flag to celebrate there national days and support there teams!!!!

If ordinairy people don't fly there flag it allows the racists you speak of to claim it as there own.So people should quite rightly fly there national flag no matter where they are from.

Interesting to see what flag you think should be flown when the islands football team represents the english fa next year and wears the england strip.

The main reason I don't like seeing all these flags appear and also the reason why I can't stand seeing Manx people in pubs wearing England shirts/hats whatever when the games are on is just the sheep-like way that people will latch on to something like this. Just look at the quizzical look on one of these people's faces when you try to ask them why they support England and not Scotland/Wales etc., they just don't understand what you could possibly mean.

Don't get me wrong, I will be hoping England win it but I will not be turning in to an Ingerlund moron and singing Dambusters etc. It's not people supporting England that I have an issue with, but with the way people get all stupid and over the top with it.

The Manx flag idea is good, as is starting a rendition of O Land of Our Birth in the pub if there's any singing to be done in the pub.

Hace a cualquiera saben dónde puedo comprar una bandera de Paraguay?

aquí

Grazias. Ahora probablemente conseguiré la mierda golpeada con el pie de mí

You don't wanna know the translation Babelfish just gave me for that... :)

Archived