England Flags

hboy

My feeling is that the proud generations born Manx will contrast their Celtic-ness against the other Celtic nations and so not feel particularly close to the Wesh, Scotish or Irish: they aren't a part of any of these nations, they are Manx, the viking influence etc makes them distinct/unique.

I would suggeest the opposite, regarding the Irish & Scottish, our Manx Gaelic is close to the Scottish & Irish, and if you could call being "Manx" as Celtic, then we're as "Celtic" as the Irish, Scotts, Welsh, Cornish and Bretons when it comes to our language heritage, and we're also probably much closer genetically to the Scotts & Irish than we are to Norway or England.

I'm not into football, but I would imagine if you were "Manx", and into putting flags on your car, I would expect to see more Irish or Scottish flags.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i knew some grumpy old cunts would have a moan about all the england flags, WOO FUCKIN YEA, in that case tell all your fuckin students to piss off back home and stop stealing english peoples places, at least we dont live our whole lives going "Im english dont you know?" "Notice me,notice me im english and you have to know that im not german/spanish/welsh because its very important that you know that, and that you know im not anything else,etc." obviously its fuckin football so people are going to fly flags even alot of manx friends that i have (doesnt matter if they were greek/australian etc, theyre still human) fly the english flag for world cup, your obviously jealous that your teams not in it, dont cry.

well i knew some grumpy old cunts would have a moan about all the england flags, WOO FUCKIN YEA, in that case tell all your fuckin students to piss off back home and stop stealing english peoples places, at least we dont live our whole lives going "Im english dont you know?" "Notice me,notice me im english and you have to know that im not german/spanish/welsh because its very important that you know that, and that you know im not anything else,etc." obviously its fuckin football so people are going to fly flags even alot of manx friends that i have (doesnt matter if they were greek/australian etc, theyre still human) fly the english flag for world cup, your obviously jealous that your teams not in it, dont cry.

wtfquestion7sb.jpg

You married and Englishman!! You heathen you should be burnt at the fucking stake!!

What the bloody hell have I done? :blink:

An excellent attempt to strengthen the local gene pool, keep it up girl!

You married and Englishman!! You heathen you should be burnt at the fucking stake!!

What the bloody hell have I done? :blink:

An excellent attempt to strengthen the local gene pool, keep it up girl!

Girl? <_<

we are part of the UK, get over it.

St Georges flag rules

No we're not - you need to sit a Manxness test :P

Im not proud of our sub-servient `WHICHEVER WAY YOU THROW ME, I WILL ALWAYS STAND' lark

It's hardly that subservient you fool person, if anything the exact opposite!

Girl? <_<

Just a guess that the lifeform which married the Englishman was of the female persuasion, of course that's not always a safe assumption these days.

Out of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland, I would support England more than the rest - the reason being that I have had more exposure to English football through the media and it is the football that I have grown up with.

However as a Manxy I reserve the right to support any of the home nations at anytime in place of the Manx football team.

Archived