Whos The Boss

Theskeat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes probally filling the same pot with piss now

Rubbish.

Is the pot full or the queue to long :lol:

You'll be disappointed to find out that Dudley actually spent the morning down there, putting notices on the trees to stop them being cut down. He's a bit of a Dave Angel - eco warrior. But I'm sure you won't let that stop your paranoid conspriracy theories.

Who runs the IOM, Tynwald or Dandara.

I think anyone who has lived here since the late Eighties knows the answer to that one!

I see it the Scotsman last week Dandara proclaimed itself to be one of the "UK's most cash rich developers" who don't have the usual constraints placed on them as they don't need to go to banks to lend money to build big developments on spec.

I dearly wish I had kept the link. I'm still looking.

I think anyone who has lived here since the late Eighties knows the answer to that one!

I see it the Scotsman last week Dandara proclaimed itself to be one of the "UK's most cash rich developers" who don't have the usual constraints placed on them as they don't need to go to banks to lend money to build big developments on spec.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have shelter feel bound to complain about shelter being built for others.

Does no one ever look at the rather serious housing shortage on the Island before making these posts ?

As for Dandara being cash rich ..well that may or may not be the case ... would you prefer developers to be on the bones of their backsides before being allowed to build houses ?

We should be looking at ways of building more affordable housing ..either for purchase or rent ..not carping about developers being active in a market which our elected representatives have created.

If you dont like the way the island has gone, you have an opportunity to change it this year. Look for a candidate who advocates high progressive taxation. If enough of them are elected companies such as Dandara will not be able to survive as the market they operate in will disappear.

Nice to see you back LW.

The point in this case is that they have been refused planning permission on environmental grounds, yet have gone in and "managed" the land, apparently contrary to a court order and to the detriment of the wildlife that planning permission was refused in order to protect.

I am not agin development of this land, (I have posted before, better here than a continual creep into the real countryside and, if done properly, some of the important habitat, surely, can be preserved) but I am against developers feeling they are above the law and acting with impugnity.

Sad thing though, I used to hear a pheasant calling but haven't heard it for a few days now, obviously one vocal casualty!

Nice to see you back LW.

Thanks for that! I kept checking but everyone else seems to have got back on board some time before myself.

The point in this case is that they have been refused planning permission on environmental grounds, yet have gone in and "managed" the land, apparently contrary to a court order and to the detriment of the wildlife that planning permission was refused in order to protect.

No problem with the facts.

I do have a problem with the general anti Dandara sentiments I come across on the forum.

They are just a company operating in a market created by Tynwald by means of its micro financial policies.

If people dont like what is happening they should look towards the market and more specifically, what is supporting it, not to the companys operating inside it.

Hes probally filling the same pot with piss now

Rubbish.

Is the pot full or the queue to long :lol:

You'll be disappointed to find out that Dudley actually spent the morning down there, putting notices on the trees to stop them being cut down. He's a bit of a Dave Angel - eco warrior. But I'm sure you won't let that stop your paranoid conspriracy theories.

Not disapointed atall as Dudly sent me a pm telling me he was on his way there and would like further information.

Sorry your a bit late with the news

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have shelter feel bound to complain about shelter being built for others.

Does no one ever look at the rather serious housing shortage on the Island before making these posts ?

As for Dandara being cash rich ..well that may or may not be the case ... would you prefer developers to be on the bones of their backsides before being allowed to build houses ?

We should be looking at ways of building more affordable housing ..either for purchase or rent ..not carping about developers being active in a market which our elected representatives have created.

If you dont like the way the island has gone, you have an opportunity to change it this year. Look for a candidate who advocates high progressive taxation. If enough of them are elected companies such as Dandara will not be able to survive as the market they operate in will disappear.

What housing shortage have we now, if the houses built by these developer were put on the open market instead of being rented out for a two year period to save on taxes, then you would have too many houses for sale.

Kirby estates built houses three years ago, they are completed yet they wont sell them why and as for builders being on the bones of the ass so to speak, thats a very nice £4,5million helicopter that Dan has now bought himself complete with privat pilot.

Another thing can someone check and let us know how many properties Douglas Corpy have lying empty

Archived