Mlc Speaks Out Against Speed Limit

WilDDog

"Meanwhile, the eccentrics, the gimmick accounts, the nutters, and those wanting a laugh have been squeezed out. The literal minded, the motivated and the practical have all the rest of the local media to play with, why can't they leave here to those who are not afraid of the tangent, the philosophical and the abstract."

...but I'm still here too....:-)

Thank heavens!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the likes of forums like this one, free speach on the Island would not exist, and topics that are posted on forums have made our politicians take notice and care in what they do or say.

We have seen in the past how politicians that have shit themselves over whats on the forums go all out to get them shut down, some will say untrue but I still have a copy of a email sent to a member of the closed MT forum warning of pressure to close it down if certain issues were not avoided.

But Forums can works the other way to, if you have a moderator who is close to a person that is mixed up in sleaze or other juicy gossip, that same moderator could stop any postings related to the said person or rubish anything that is posted or even go as far as banning the persons that post on the topics.

Without the likes of forums like this one, free speach on the Island would not exist, and topics that are posted on forums have made our politicians take notice and care in what they do or say.

We have seen in the past how politicians that have shit themselves over whats on the forums go all out to get them shut down, some will say untrue but I still have a copy of a email sent to a member of the closed MT forum warning of pressure to close it down if certain issues were not avoided.

But Forums can works the other way to, if you have a moderator who is close to a person that is mixed up in sleaze or other juicy gossip, that same moderator could stop any postings related to the said person or rubish anything that is posted or even go as far as banning the persons that post on the topics.

Again, you are only highlighting the negative side of things. You started the thread 'Who is the boss' yesterday implying 'oh woe is us - nothing can be done - it's all a conspiracy.'

When the right people were informed of what was going on yesterday, everything was clarified, and in fact you had got the picture completely wrong, as it was clear no work was going on at the site. You should always remember that free speech carries with it responsibilities, and think before you 'fire-off'.

Everyone on this forum starts with 100% credibility and it's up to them if they want to lose it. IMHO, the reality is that you are in the final stages of losing any remaining credibility you might have and are rapidly becoming a 'background noise' - regardless of the importance or seriousness of any future issues you might raise.

Perhaps you should think about the implications of that for a while, and ways of gaining some of your credibility back.

All the time that I was posting on this topic yesterday I was also in contact with Dudly over the issues at the site, and Ill say this again men were on site Friday and yesterday morning and if id had a camera to hand would have taken pictures.

Oh by the way which mods were you slagging off on an other forum :rolleyes:

Albert Tatlock Posted: May 20 2006, 01:10 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (Charles Flynn @ May 20 2006, 11:30 AM)

I don't understand why some of these Forums don't co-operate with each other. Surely there would be a synergistic benefit for all. Unfortunately some of those in charge don't see the wider picture but bear silly grudges because of matters getting over heated now and again.

Given the cock ups that have happended recently e.g. down time, differing standards of moderation and a rapidly evolving litigeous society - perhaps non co-operation isn't such a bad thing.

All the time that I was posting on this topic yesterday I was also in contact with Dudly over the issues at the site, and Ill say this again men were on site Friday and yesterday morning and if id had a camera to hand would have taken pictures.

Oh by the way which mods were you slagging off on an other forum :rolleyes:

Once again, think carefully before you post. You need to read sentences carefully and realise that a comma is a valuable, useful tool in a sentence. When we use it correctly, we help the reader see the necessary separations between ideas within the sentence.

i.e. in the context of responding to a 'perceived lack of co-operation between forums', the reply "Given the cock ups that have happended recently e.g. down time, differing standards of moderation and a rapidly evolving litigeous society - perhaps non co-operation isn't such a bad thing." ...is divided into four separate factors:

1. Things can go wrong with forums (technically) for a number of reasons

2. All forums have different levels of moderation (some are more 'protective/careful' than others)

3. An evolving litigeous society - means that more and more people are taking people to court over libel.

4. Non co-operation does not tie the forums together from a technical or a legal perspective - so that all would not shut down together (for whatever reason).

Duh!

Archived