English Flags

LoneWolf

Done plenty more than that as well. The point is it's one example of many things. You're missing the point, its about what people do for the Island that counts.

well done, what do you want? a blue peter badge?

Or a Laxey wheel badge ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wanting to start the nationality thing again but i was wondering, the football chanting and expected behaviour of fans is a mystery to me as is the flags on cars thing, but today i wondered, do these car flags have a half mast facility?, and, would we be wise to establish a flag recycling centre?. what could we turn them into and how soon would we need to start?

I am wondering what the chap who has painted a St George's cross on the side of his house will do when the WC is over. That red will be a real bitch to cover up

Easy! He should paint the entire house red and declare it the heart of the coming revolution, and invite Robert Lindsay to come over and ressurrect his Wolfee Smith character.

That must have been very disturbing for you Vinnie, I mean cross dressers can have such an impact on young, impressionable minds!

I'm surprisingly fine, despite it all. I just wish I could say the same for Alison, my alter ego. She likes to burn things.

Home to Roost, starring John Thaw is a testament to the truth in that. I saw it again a while back on a dodgy old video of my mum's, and found myself wishing that I was watching inspector morse. Never again.

Yes, I used to enjoy it, don't know if I could watch the re-runs though. Your humour (or society's humour) changes over time and some things that used to be sidesplitting are now just very bland.

I concur over Citizen Smith. I've watched a few over the last few weeks (about 6pm on whatever channel) and I can remember them well but they don't transfer well to todays televisual feast. There's not many sitcoms that stand the test of time.

Archived