English Flags

LoneWolf

why is that? im manx so i will fly my manx flag, and your english or an english wanna be who also wants to fly your flag..so whats the problem.

I think RC has already answered this but why do you feel you have to fly your Manx flag on Saturday? Why not every other day of the year? Oh yeah it's in direct opposition to the abundance of English flags that are about (99% of which will be gone after the World Cup). It seems to me that you're just another little manxie that feels they have to oppose everything pro-English. Have fun when our national team represents our Island in Europe :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have fun when our national team represents our Island in Europe :)

...Or have even more next year when the Isle of Man represents England in the UEFA Regions Cup?

Personal notes:

I am Manx.

I am not English.

I have no known connection with England.

In recent World Cups I have supported the Republic of Ireland.

I did not find it necessary to fly any kind of flag to visibly demonstrate that support.

The flag of St George is that of a mythical saint who is almost as unreal as England's chances of winning the tournament.

In recent World Cups I have supported the Republic of Ireland

* 1930 - Did not enter

* 1934 to 1986 - Did not qualify

* 1990 - Quarter-finals

* 1994 - Round 2

* 1998 - Did not qualify

* 2002 - Round 2

* 2006 - Did not qualify

Most of the Irish team play for English clubs don't they?

Some people in Ireland shun football & rugger. And there is constant debate as to whether these *English* games should ever be allowed at Croke Park - home of Gaelic football.

In recent World Cups I have supported the Republic of Ireland

* 1930 - Did not enter

* 1934 to 1986 - Did not qualify

* 1990 - Quarter-finals

* 1994 - Round 2

* 1998 - Did not qualify

* 2002 - Round 2

* 2006 - Did not qualify

Most of the Irish team play for English clubs don't they?

Some people in Ireland shun football & rugger. And there is constant debate as to whether these *English* games should ever be allowed at Croke Park - home of Gaelic football.

N.B. For the purposes of clarification, I wrote 'World Cup' not 'World Cup Final Stages.'

Oh no! It isn't just the English. Noticed in Manchester there are Pakistani and Jamaican flags flying about on cars now. Why should such a bad trend spread? I don't think they can 'out-flag' the number of St.George flags about so surely England is safe and proud for the moment.

I think it would be more aesthetically pleasing if people wave large flags out of their car windows. Of course you would need a friend in the passenger seat to do this as it could be dangerous otherwise but would surely imspire others far more than those little shitty flags.

According to MR... "Floyd Wilson from Close Cowley in Douglas, has painted the St George's Cross on the side of his house. The Leeds fan was up on his ladder for several hours late last night. His wife Donna who had an early night, didn't know about the mural until this morning."

He'll have some scrubbing to do in a fortnights time.

Archived