English Flags

LoneWolf

According to MR... "Floyd Wilson from Close Cowley in Douglas, has painted the St George's Cross on the side of his house. The Leeds fan was up on his ladder for several hours late last night.

Like a Loyalist council estate.

englandflaghouseJune094846June095252.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was another topic started about this where people were asking whether he needed planning permission for this. That topic has been closed, but for the record under normal circumstances painting does not consistute development and therefore does not require planning permission.

I agree about the loyalist council estate comment.

Could he be done under any laws??? Incitement to Racial Violence anyone???

What's that about "Take Care Flying The Flag" - "The Flag"!!!???!!! We're not in F@cking England now. "The Flag" is the 3 Legs which is not what I see on the Manx Radio Articles, on most of these cars, and elsewhere.

ffs! he's painted an england flag on the side of his house ..racial violence :lol::lol:

and anyone who wants to fly the english flag is entitled to do so, get over it.

plus I've being doing something to make my contribution to the Island.

Mysterious! Did you stroke a Manx cat? buy a box of Manx eggs? Spend the day up on top of Marks and Spencers, doing a traditional manx dance and shrieking "be more Manx, you bastards!" to a bemused audience below?

According to MR... "Floyd Wilson from Close Cowley in Douglas, has painted the St George's Cross on the side of his house. The Leeds fan was up on his ladder for several hours late last night. His wife Donna who had an early night, didn't know about the mural until this morning."

He'll have some scrubbing to do in a fortnights time.

That is an absolute disgrace. What is the world coming to these days. I give up. I really do.

Who on earth would call their son Floyd? ;)

I'm not that bothered by the housepainting at all, other than it's a bit garish and could be regarded, from a purely aesthetic point of view, as an eyesore . With regards to culture, I doubt that anyone flying the English flag or painting their house has even the unconscious intention of recreating England in their neighbourhoods - the world cup is a big thing for a lot of people, and flying their team's flag is something of a traditional demonstration of support and a part of their festivities.

Even incomers with no Manx roots whatsever are not a threat to the Island, as long as they do not try and turn it into what they left behind, and do their bit for the Island + its heritage.

I've never been so glad that I'm Manx: I would be mortified if, upon my return, I found myself expected to 'do my bit for the Island + its heritage' as an informal condition of residing there. I'm not even sure what it would entail!

I am sick of england flags,they are everywhere.Even Manx flags have been taken down so they can be replaced by the red cross, its not on. Now i know how the spanish feel when the english come to there place and take over, im gonna do something about this, its a good job i work outside at night...............be prepared

Get over it, it's a flag and if people choose to fly it then that's their decision. Doubt any of you would be acting like this if there was a sudden craze to fly the Jolly Roger everywhere. (Actually that would be much cooler, can i ask all of those who don't want to fly the england flag to do that, it would be like mods and rockers all over again. Anyone up for a riot on Douglas Prom?)

Of course we 'comeovers' are not a threat to the island, it will outlive us all.

Culturally we can only help raise awareness of the history and culture/language of this fair isle.

I go across frequently and do not hesitate to push the profile of Mannin at every opportunity.

I see as many people leaving the island, usually temporarily, as coming over (also temps).

I for one have never been happy being English, that is my fate and will ever be so, but I don't go on about it like some Manxies. I don't tell people I'm English, why should I be told someone is Manx as soon as I say hello? If I 'make my contribution' during my day and uphold the culture and traditions of island life, why should I have to apologise for my birthplace, there are enough people feeling guilty already without my two pennyworth.

If you would only try to open your eyes and ears you would see a positive side to immigration and not harp on about incomers and stopovers.

I am sorry if this upsets some folk, I don't mean to at all. I have had enough of the Manx fascists that haunt this forum, any country can do without them, most of all this one I have CHOSEN to live in.

If you do ever quote me, at least spell correctly and use it in context.

Doubt any of you would be acting like this if there was a sudden craze to fly the Jolly Roger everywhere.

That would be fantastic, even the tendency of the manx flag to crop up on everything from bread packaging to shopping bags would be less silly if that flag were the Jolly Roger.

im gonna do something about this, its a good job i work outside at night...............be prepared

Whatcha going to do? Something petty, I hope! That'll learn 'em up but good!

Archived