English Flags

LoneWolf

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My days of walking the prom and drinking alco pops are long gone, maybe if i was 12 years younger i would. but then again it might bring back memories of that nasty 20 20.

Curious. Most people approximate years by factors of 5 or 10.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/jolly-roger

Please, everyone, fly the jolly roger! How cool would it be to see a car driving past flying the jolly roger. The island of piracy would be so cool. It would get us on the news (or at least in popbitch!)

http://www.mrflag.com/p/5433/JollyRoger.html

The big flags are at the bottom Amadeus.

170 quid for the one I want (180x90in) :blink:

I guess I'll settle for a smaller flag and put it closer to the road - you'll see it :D

edited to add: here's the one you need for your car: clickey

Of course we 'comeovers' are not a threat to the island, it will outlive us all.

Culturally we can only help raise awareness of the history and culture/language of this fair isle.

I go across frequently and do not hesitate to push the profile of Mannin at every opportunity.

I see as many people leaving the island, usually temporarily, as coming over (also temps).

I for one have never been happy being English, that is my fate and will ever be so, but I don't go on about it like some Manxies. I don't tell people I'm English, why should I be told someone is Manx as soon as I say hello? If I 'make my contribution' during my day and uphold the culture and traditions of island life, why should I have to apologise for my birthplace, there are enough people feeling guilty already without my two pennyworth.

If you would only try to open your eyes and ears you would see a positive side to immigration and not harp on about incomers and stopovers.

I am sorry if this upsets some folk, I don't mean to at all. I have had enough of the Manx fascists that haunt this forum, any country can do without them, most of all this one I have CHOSEN to live in.

If you do ever quote me, at least spell correctly and use it in context.

Well said - small Island, small minds - life does not revolve around this place and they need to travel more and get a life

plus I've being doing something to make my contribution to the Island.

Mysterious! Did you stroke a Manx cat? buy a box of Manx eggs? Spend the day up on top of Marks and Spencers, doing a traditional manx dance and shrieking "be more Manx, you bastards!" to a bemused audience below?

Not quite hijacking the GPO or anything like that, but just doing my bit to restore something that belonged on the Island, went away for a long time, and is now returned home (Part of the criteria for it to be returned home was that it was restored).

Well tomorrow is mapped out for me then, first, go to shoprite and stock up on St George Cross items, wait till it goes dark, then decorate the Snaefell Wheel with my booty, I might even add a saltire, just the one mind, in tribute.

Of course we 'comeovers' are not a threat to the island, it will outlive us all.

Culturally we can only help raise awareness of the history and culture/language of this fair isle.

I go across frequently and do not hesitate to push the profile of Mannin at every opportunity.

I see as many people leaving the island, usually temporarily, as coming over (also temps).

I for one have never been happy being English, that is my fate and will ever be so, but I don't go on about it like some Manxies. I don't tell people I'm English, why should I be told someone is Manx as soon as I say hello? If I 'make my contribution' during my day and uphold the culture and traditions of island life, why should I have to apologise for my birthplace, there are enough people feeling guilty already without my two pennyworth.

If you would only try to open your eyes and ears you would see a positive side to immigration and not harp on about incomers and stopovers.

I am sorry if this upsets some folk, I don't mean to at all. I have had enough of the Manx fascists that haunt this forum, any country can do without them, most of all this one I have CHOSEN to live in.

If you do ever quote me, at least spell correctly and use it in context.

Well said - small Island, small minds - life does not revolve around this place and they need to travel more and get a life

If you had travelled as much as you like to infer you have (as your posting suggest you think you have travelled further afield than some of the posters on here), then you would know that such attitudes are not just confined to the Isle of Man, but are found wherever you go, and amongst people who have seen far more of the world than you ever will.

I have never come across so many small minded "boat in morning", ignorant locals that have no class, culture, manners or decorum. Let's face it, we are only here to feather our nests - nice place, shame about the pikey locals. You won't find this sort of mentality anywhere else, believe me.

Without wanting to prolong the agony, PE, I doubt that you have had any experience of pikeys. Even the most boorish and yobbish locals come nowhere on the real pikey scale! Call locals small minded or even inbred, but NEVER pikey!

Archived