Sitting Members - One At A Time (18) John Shimmin

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For clarification purposes I would advise that I never have, or will be, a freemason. My father was for many years proud to be a freemason and I believe he was very highly regarded by all who knew him as being a man of the highest integrity and ability-although I am obviously biased, I believe the statement to be true and would be supported by all people who ever had dealings with him in the many worthwhile roles he performed for our Island.

The file on 'Declaration of Members Interests' held in the Clerk of Tynwalds Office would be a useful starting point for anyone wishing to see which Members of Tynwald are Freemasons - this is available to the public by contacting the office on 685501.

PS I voted YES

manxman8180

I note you have used that question before.

It never gets an answer does it?

It has now though eh. :)

manxman8180

I note you have used that question before.

It never gets an answer does it?

It has now though eh. :)

I guess that's blown that little bit of tittle tattle out of the water then hasn't it. Nice.

PS I voted YES

Sense of humour as well! You gotta like that!

So, back on topic.

I looked down my list of negative tick boxes drawn up for me by Declan. There was only one.

John Shimmin's background is very freemasonic.

I am sorry, but as stated elsewhere, I cannot and will not vote for anybody who is so involved with a secret society/society with secrets, and put them in a position to govern my life and the lives of my family.

Mr Shimmin, thank you for your response.

My detractors on the forum will have noticed my reference to your background rather than directly to yourself.

You have cleared that one up well. Nice one.

I am now looking for one of my negative boxes to tick.

nope, can't find one.

Perhaps I should PM the mods to have my vote reversed.

All the best

lisner

I disagree with John's recent comments regarding Manx Telecom and their BABT accreditation.

BABT ( see their website ) describes itself as "a private, independent company, operates internationally offering a wide range of services to a growing list of clients in the radio and telecoms industry."

Who is falling for this? A self-congratulating industry standard that makes MT look good - and tries to hide the fact that we are paying well over the odds for, what is in the main, a bit of copper wire and 50 year old technology plugged into a digital exchange, never mind well over the odds for mobile calls.

Absolute spin!

Class act - I have great respect for people who post under their real name.

I couldn't agree more.

Although it does sound better coming from someone who doesn't post under their real name and doesn't use their forum nom de plume to express the sentiment.

;)

I voted "yes".

He's one of the few in the house that actually that has a degree in something, and seems to still care about things which is a trait that usually seems to disappear after more than one term.

Archived