Killing Of Animals For Art?

Stavros

I think it's out of order. I think only disturbed people would gain pleasure from this also.

Eating dead animals could technically be put to an end in this day & age but the so could sexual intercourse. But we carry on doing these things because it's what nature designed and it's good. Killing something because the outcome is amusing as a piece of art is just the same as whacking a rare animal so you can stick its stuffed head above your mantlepiece, and it's xxxx poor in my opinion.

I hope this person gets eaten by a lion, just because the lion feels like it.

Not too likely in Sweden admittedly but it'd teach the bugger a lesson.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karma may see to it that she has a chunk of her rear end hacked off by a huge axe weilding homicidal maniac who wants to impail her on the end of his Kenny Everett waving hand to make her dance around like those finger-bobbin mice she created.

Now that's art!

I have spent a lifetime in my spare time campaigning against animal cruelty. I have seen in reality what cruelty and neglect there is on this Isle of Man, not just towards cats and dogs etc. but towards all animal. Farmed animals too.

This so called form of art in my mind is sick and the lady who creates it is sick beyond belief.

There are people who actually do not have much affinity with animals. One of the moderators has actually been brave enough to admit this while condemning the sort of cruelty that this lot is wrongly portrayed as art.

It is not art. It is sick depraved cruelty which even meat eaters like me condemn.

Anyone who has any care or concern for the other species of life on this planet we share tenure with, despite the fact that we farm some of them, should be ashamed that mankind allows such an abuse of the word "art" and should actively campaign against it.

To give the veneer of artistical format to a dead or dying animal is not a logical virtue that man should aspire to.

The next step is to have pictures of the starving children of Ethiopia hanging in the Tate gallery.

Shame..

That is not art.

That person is seriously mentally deranged as are those in the gallery who supported what has been done.  They just have to be and I'm not sure which is worst.

If the animal had died as a result of an accident, or even if bought from a slaughterhouse then maybe, just maybe there might be some excuse, but to deliberatly set out to kill for no other reason than to exhibit what you had done is wrong in the worst possible way.

Rog has summed it up best for me.

The link between animal cruelty and mental illness should not be ignored here, and it really is not normal in any way, shape or form to voluntarily extinguish the life of an animal and then dismember it. Especially for some weird kind of selfish gain and acclaim which unfortunately too many galleries which display her alleged "works" have given her credit for - with Wetterling allegedly encouraging her to use larger animals.

The numbest thing ever is that no one (i.e. general public) realised until the Wetterling exhibition that the animals were real, and freshly culled.

But the ultimate irony is that they only appear to be as "vibrant" as they are, as the time from killing to photography is 15 minutes. Being 'properly' dead is a step too far even for her, the macabre bitch... :angry:

If Edenmont is making a statement about animal use, it is akin to an artist who chooses to depict domestic violence by beating and photographing a relative. Or stranger for that matter. You listening out there??

Get emailing folks.

Do something.

Anything.

It does make a difference.

info@wetterlinggallery.com

ambassaden.london@foreign.ministry.se

mail@chisenhale.org.uk (A London art gallery that has displayed her "work")

For starters...

Interesting thoughts.

I did add my own thoughts to my original post, I deleted them and did them again. I deleted those ones as well. I have to admit that I was really at a loss for words.

What I was trying to say was that I'm not a typical animal lover, I don't even have any pets. I even have to admit that most of them taste quite nice when mixed with a few vegetables.

Killing for food is as I see it a natural path. Killing for pleasure or art has no meaning and whilst I have the utmost respect for all living things, I find myself faced with contempt for these people and what they are doing.

The facts are there. Has anyone else felt inclined fire off an email to these people?

(I'm interested to know because I would like to go back to the person that told me about this and let them know what kind of response it was given)

Stav.

I have to admit, when I first read this topic, I was straight off to snopes.com to see if it was true. (Memories of Bonsai kittens etc.) I searched various similar sites before concluding it wasn't a hoax.

I'm sad. I wish it had been.

It is utterly sick and disgusting. It would be nice to get a petition together and forward to the sick b1tch.

Shall we start one here? After all, you don't have to be an animal lover to see that it is sick.

I have to admit, when I first read this topic, I was straight off to snopes.com to see if it was true.  (Memories of Bonsai kittens etc.)  I searched various similar sites before concluding it wasn't a hoax.

Ditto. I'm the world's biggest cynic after all.

It's alright guys, I checked it out as well, you're only gullible once!

I tend to check every compliment slip requesting email that I ever get.

How would you start a petition? Would you set it up as a poll?

Ans, what can you do?

Stav.

Archived