Forged Notes (manx)

slinkydevil

I'm just passing on this information:

================================================================

I have received information that there are potentially forged Manx £10.00 notes in circulation. The serial number on the note that has been seen is L529588 but this may not be the only note/number in circulation. The quality is reported to be ‘reasonable’ and could be missed if it was ‘hidden’ in with a few other notes. I have not personally seen an example, but one has been seen in Douglas. This is for information only on the basis of better to be safe than sorry!

Regards

Chris Blatcher

Chairman

Ramsey Chamber of Trade

================================================================

Does anyone know anything on the fake note(s) that separates it from an original?

If nobody knows what the fake(s) looks like how are we supposed to know what to look out for?

Also how come nothing is on MR or IOMonline?

Saw one today taken by a shop near me, a rubbish fake, simply photocopied :lol:

It was really faded and quite obviously cut with scissors, so no stripe through it and no watermark, easily spotted!

:lol: How could the shop not notice that :rolleyes:

I spoke to my bank about this and they advised that it's not a major issue and that they've only had two reports of these notes and that the quality is poor and they are easily spotted.

Even so, the serial number is pinned to the till and we're checking each note for a match.

I tell u what though, its very easy to scan and print a manx note these days...i could scan a £20 pound note, go to a shop with an old person behind the counter and hand the note over without them noticing its fake.........wouldnt try it though LOL

Archived