Does He Still Want The Tt Scrapped?

Lonan3

Standing for election in Douglas East in November is Chris Robertshaw, former CEO of the Sefton Hotel.

He says he has real concerns for the future wellbeing of the Isle of Man, and claims that Tynwald has become a 'club' for its sitting members. Mr Robertshaw hopes that voters in the election will "wake up and smell the coffee" as he claims the current system "works against good democracy":

http://www.manxradio.com/readItem.aspx?stI...19&stCT=General

Of some concern, however, is an earlier story:

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...rticleID=722207

A rift in the Chamber of Commerce has developed over controversial calls to scrap the TT.

The suggestion is made in a report by the chamber's tourism committee into the future of tourism.

Chamber chairman Stuart McCudden demanded a line from the committee's report – which says 'TT is fading and should be allowed to go fairly quickly' – be withdrawn.

He claimed the report issued to the Examiner and Manx Radio was a draft and any comment on the future of the TT was 'premature'.

However, tourism committee chairman Judy Arnold and member Chris Robertshaw denied the version was a draft and said they stood by the report 'completely'.

Therefore, I think we have specific questions to be asked of a particular candidate.

Does he still support the scrapping of the TT? If he does - why? If he does not - why has he changed his mind?

Why not just ask him?

I suggest it's a question that ought to be asked by his potential constituents.

If anything else comes to mind with regards to this - or any other candidate - I will post it in the hope that voters will ask the questions that ought to be answered.

Standing for election in Douglas East in November is Chris Robertshaw, former CEO of the Sefton Hotel.

Is he still thinking of standing for the Keys ?

He has started a new business venture which, I would have thought, might take up most of his time to get established. [start ups do !]

Archived