Derby Road Incident

didier

Although I realise that these things might be kept under wraps for a purpose, I also reckon forums are there for a purpose too, so perhaps I am just continuing a conversation in pub

but we walked up Derby Road the other day (Monday lunch) and there was quite some police activity. Camera incident van and all sorts.

If the rumours are to be believed then there was quite a serious incident. Has Anyone heard or know anything?

Dids

If the rumours are to be believed then there was quite a serious incident. Has Anyone heard or know anything?

Dids

It was a car, or maybe a bike, or maybe a scooter, or maybe a woman pushing a pram, or a large cat - doing in excess of 100mph, or maybe 50 or maybe 25mph in a built up area, while selling pictures of a hash plant. The camera van rushed to macdonalds the scene just incase they did it again.

They set up all their expensive kit, tripods, floodlamps, got out their white overalls and aluminium tool boxes and waited, and waited, and waited and waited. Meanwhile, over the mountain a R plate driver was doing 51 mph on an empty road and got away with it.

Back to main news index

"Man assisting police with assault enquiries

Last Updated:22/05/2006 16:48:11

A man is assisting police with their enquiries into an alleged assault.

The incident occurred at an address in Derby Road sometime over the weekend."

Sounds like a 'Broken News' Item to me ... Monday you said? Incident at some time over the weekend? ... was everyone from the incident team in Liverpool for the weekend - or was it their day off?

Lets hope vital evidence had not been swept up, walked over, blown/washed away, or just plain crumbled into dust while it waited.

Back to main news index

Sounds like a 'Broken News' Item to me ... Monday you said? Incident at some time over the weekend? ... was everyone from the incident team in Liverpool for the weekend - or was it their day off?

Nope! Virtually all of the local constabulary were in Laxey, desperately trying to nick someone....anyone...for anything!

Back to main news index

Nope! Virtually all of the local constabulary were in Laxey, desperately trying to nick someone....anyone...for anything!

..............and while we're on the subject of Laxey-The Blues Festival-what in the name of all that's holy were so many police doing at an event attended by mostly an average age of 45-50 year olds! Also, if health and safety continue with their sizes 9's at the event it will soon pack in and then that's something else that's great we won't have! Give it a rest with the "we know best what's good for you" lark - PLEASE.

Although I realise that these things might be kept under wraps for a purpose, I also reckon forums are there for a purpose too, so perhaps I am just continuing a conversation in pub

but we walked up Derby Road the other day (Monday lunch) and there was quite some police activity. Camera incident van and all sorts.

Dids

Unconfimred further possible pub rumour:

The man in question actually passed away on Monday, no details likely to be released until post mortem has been done but could be possibly be very bad for whoever was involved.

..............and while we're on the subject of Laxey-The Blues Festival-what in the name of all that's holy were so many police doing at an event attended by mostly an average age of 45-50 year olds! Also, if health and safety continue with their sizes 9's at the event it will soon pack in and then that's something else that's great we won't have! Give it a rest with the "we know best what's good for you" lark - PLEASE.

Health and Safety gets the blame for everything, unfairly. Particularly in this case as the Festival was actually started by someone from... Health and Safety!

Archived