Causing Death When Driving

didier

Energy FM report

I appreciate that this case is more or less ongoing but only for sentence and I realise that it will have caused a lot of upset.

However, I always believed the Isle of Man took a pretty lenient view on people who have caused deaths on the road. There was a recent case where the guy just said he was driving fast to dry his car off after giving it a wash and his prescription sunglasses fell (as they do when you're hareing it and then slam on the anchors!). Also told the 'gullible' deemster who showed vast pity on the poor lad but not enough to be seen to be taking the mick out of the system, ruled that the brakes must have failed or something. On a pretty cool car at that.

Hey Presto! A years ban and a £1K fine and a slap on the wrist.

One rule for them with loadsa wonga, loadsa influence and who rub shoulders in the right circles and another set of rules for the rest of you lot!

I see from the Manx Radio website that "Reporting restrictions were not lifted". On the Island, what sort of reasons would cause there to be reporting restrictions other than the obvious ones involving children for example.

Energy FM report

I appreciate that this case is more or less ongoing but only for sentence and I realise that it will have caused a lot of upset.

What makes you think it's only for sentencing? My understanding is that there hasn't even been a plea entered yet

Hey Presto! A years ban and a £1K fine and a slap on the wrist.

I didn't see anything in the report about any punishment. As above no pleas have been entered. Why are you discussing punishment when the case hasn't even been heard?

One rule for them with loadsa wonga, loadsa influence and who rub shoulders in the right circles and another set of rules for the rest of you lot!

Not even worth a response

Well the link I followed was about a Coke bust. Without reading the link & not having a clue what you are talking about, I reckon that they will get a fair trial and a fair sentence.....thats the way it is on the Isle of Man...isnt it?

As an avid lisner to Manx Radio:

I will say one thing, their web-site is pretty good. I'm not talking as a website designer or a geek type or anything like that. But their links to their News is absolute, as opposed to the opposite, which I can't just think of just now. And Manx Radio's Audio Vault is excellent (although for my liking a little slow to update, but a few hours is still pretty good).

So, Didier, it is best not to come onto the forum posting links from Energy FM. The links appear to be 'dynamic' (that's the word!) and the actual link to the URL is subject to change with its content although it 'has to be said' they are a little more cutting edge with the news.

So use Manx Radio news links. Far more reliable. And they are probably more accountable and thus more accurate.

But back on topc, I see the point you are attempting to make. Most folk on this Island simply don't care about justice . . . . . . . . until it happens to them or affects them. And the odds are well in favour of the perpetrators and they fully realise that the chances of a successful public reaction are next to zero :(

Archived