Idiots

Pat Ayres

I looked about my local area and bought an Austin Allegro, a flat cap, a pipe and a nodding dog for the rear parcel shelf and went for a drive the length and breadth of the island just to see how many people I could piss off by driving everywhere at 45 mph.

Best laugh I've had in ages.

From here : http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11510

I spotted that thread while i was searching for something else, I thought you was joking!, Maybe it was the people you pissed off driving everywhere at 45mph that did it :lol:

On a more serious note, Have the idiots appeared in court yet?, Hope they got/get a big fine and some time, not just a slap on the wrists like some seem to get away with.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for the written quote for damage before the case against can be finalised.

Estimate for damage £1000, car probably a write off. Body shop says a window "might be impossible to find considering the age of the car", Two minutes on E-bay and a warehouse full in Bognor Regis of all places at £25 a pop, I smell a rat. Obviously not on the web there.

Update when appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it only me who finds the prospect of manx Telecom "retrieving" suppoosedly private picturte messages a trifle worrying?

What else can (and do) they "retrieve"?

And who for?

Whatever you send never private. As soon as you press that send button it's gonna be stored somewhere.

The retrieval of that information is another matter and probaly falls under some terms of usage and criminal investigations.

You will be okay though as you have nothing illegal to hide. Do you?

Whatever you send never private. As soon as you press that send button it's gonna be stored somewhere.

The retrieval of that information is another matter and probaly falls under some terms of usage and criminal investigations.

You will be okay though as you have nothing illegal to hide. Do you?

I don't have anything to hide - notyhing illegal anyway.

But I prefer to keep my personal messages just that - persona. The idea that someone at manx telecom is trawling through them all looking for criminals is appalling, immoral and probably illegal. What's worse is that - human nature being whjat it is - half of them are probnably doing it for fun and sgharing the good bits with their mates in the pub at night.

I don't feel very good about that at all.

I assume you have as much paranoia about bank workers checking out your accounts to see what you spend your money on, Police officers laughing at your conviction for indecent exposure and nurses posting tales of your STDs on their blog?

I assume you have as much paranoia about bank workers checking out your accounts to see what you spend your money on, Police officers laughing at your conviction for indecent exposure and nurses posting tales of your STDs on their blog?

how did u know about my convictions?

• 3 weeks later...

Heard the raqdio news this am.

Apparently lads got £500 fine each and £330 compo order.

Only 3 appeared, the other two legged it, now if they share the cost it works out at £500 each.

As I said, two got away and should help out the mates that didn't grass on them.

What effect this will have on their jobs/careers doesn't interest me one jot, they are yobs and should be taken down a peg or two.

I rang to see how I would get my compo, when they eventually pay it two weeks are needed to clear the cheques, don't know why, to give a dummy cheque to a court would be really stupid. After that another week while the financial people at court pay it out.

Also the radio said the car was an insurance write-off, no-one has spoken to my insurance company so how do they know?

Also that I was repairing it myself, ta for telling me matey. I probably will but would like to make that decision myself.

Archived