Another Dot Faux Pas?

Galen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just looks more of a threat to me, What has the dvla got to do with the isle of man?, Unless they have access to manx registrations?

Didn't we just sign up to an agreement regarding points on licences etc. ?? I assume this data is likely to be accessed through the same process.

This sort of thing is why many people object to ID cards (and why I for one refuse to shop at Tesco's who I feel have no right to hold my data).

Just looks more of a threat to me, What has the dvla got to do with the isle of man?, Unless they have access to manx registrations?

I think you will find that there is now a reciprocal agreement between IOM and DVLA so that any driving penalties apply in both jurisdictions which in theory will enable things such as UK banned drivers driving in the IOM and vice versa

Didn't we just sign up to an agreement regarding points on licences etc. ?? I assume this data is likely to be accessed through the same process.

This sort of thing is why many people object to ID cards (and why I for one refuse to shop at Tesco's who I feel have no right to hold my data).

Not sure but the dvla is for the UK, Not IOM surely?

Oh and about the clubcard thing, Why don't you just screw up the research by saying you 19 or something, There is no way they should be allowed to find what peolple buy and things anyway.

This would appear to be the same reason as compulsory ID cards and DNA data base, a saleable item to industry, they get us to pay for the cards and sell on the data to the benefit of private companies, And our democratic Govt represents who again?

Looking as some of the replies on this thread, it makes me wonder about what is really happening at Sulby with the camera there (when it is working :rolleyes: ) Are we moving to a situation where going too fast activates the camera, your vehicle ID is captured by number plate recognition (as used in the UK on motorways etc), and a few days later, a whacking fine comes winging its way through your letter box courtesy of some UK company contracted to IOM Govt. who in turn, take a percentage of the revenue generated? Is this getting too far fetched? After all IOM Govt is always saying it is looking into new ways of generating income and with a process that fines promptly, (and no doubt puts points on the licence next), then then policing speed limits becomes easier - perhaps I should get a life :unsure:

The sign reads as a contractual bond, if you enter the carpark and stay for over 2 hours you assumably agree for Tesco to have access to your details. I think?

I suppose if Tesco need to prosecute car owners who have overstayed their welcome (trespassed?) on private property, wouldn't DoT be legally obliged to supply them with the details they hold on those cars?

Any lawyers on the forum?

--------------------

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Blog: http://www.u-g-h.com

I suppose if Tesco need to prosecute car owners who have overstayed their welcome (trespassed?) on private property, wouldn't DoT be legally obliged to supply them with the details they hold on those cars?

If it was a legal issue, you'd expect them to contact the Police?

Or just a warden?

hmm .. dunno.. after all it's a Civil, not a Criminal matter .. no ?

--------------------

Blog: http://www.u-g-h.com

One for the lawyers me thinks.

I can understand Tesco's frustrations - but, I don't like the idea that they can obtain the name/address of someone from the government in order to fine them a stupid amount using a seamingly automated system.

That is - there are actually cameras there, and not just signs.

FFS if you don't want to pay a penalty charge don't park in Tesco car park!

How difficult is that?

If you don't want to pay a speeding fine don't break the speed limit.

If you don't want to pay for a parking permit burn your car and leave the pieces on the steps of the wedding cake, use the smelly buses and 'trains' that are provided by our ever gracious government, at a premium price of course.

Then watch the government collapse because of the loss in revenue, the roads crumble and the TT cancelled due to safety fears.

Then no-one will know where the Isle of Mann is and you can all crawl up your own arseholes and sleep peacefully knowing the twentieth century won't cause you any more worries.

Archived