Cooler Classics

I was getting major Cooler withdrawal symptoms over the last couple of months with a Saturday night routine that was not on par with this time last year.

Unfortunately the Venue and Cooler are in no fit state to open up so for one night only...

Cooler Classics @ breeze

Saturday 10th June

Admission £5, No Tickets so first come first serve

Myself and Alan Stacey back on the Vinyl for the night with a load of, well... Cooler Classics.

Doors open 10pm

Respect to the Dj's puttin the night on, but isnt this flogging that dead horse that was flogged not so long ago.

It's like getting Jaks to put on a Bushy's retro night.

We should move on.

PLEASE.

Im not knocking it, It would be good to see promoters coming out of their 'comfort' zone and trying something new. Hats off to ANYONE who makes an effort organising events over here, I just think the island scene is at it's worst and its not looking good.

Why dont you give me a call and we can try something, ill PM you my number?

I thought the Cooler was like a homage to all the islands clubs gone by, it was classics anyway, so is this a homage to a homage?

It was like a meeting place for retired clubbers from Jimmy B's, Caesars, EJ's and the academy sometimes, but still a whole new window to people who are too young to remember. it was everything from stylophone twinkling old skool to pretty upfront techno.

Anyhow something different for a Saturday night. If only Saturdays would be different every week with something or other.

Anyhow something different for a Saturday night. If only Saturdays would be different every week with something or other.

Well, they could be given the chance, whats Breeze do on saturdays normally now? And what kind of attendances?

Saturdays are a run of the mill mixture of everything at breeze normally (except this night) attendances are pretty high most Saturdays. enough for both floors open.

I tend to end up in paramount though, anywhere except for colours.

So refreshing to see that, although you DJ's are all old and grey, you still have the energy to bicker. Dancing music is FLOGGED boys, flogged to fabooken death. I still love 'the bass' but its all so empty, even the loved tunes of Ceasers and the Academy, sound so empty these days.

I'm loveing the blend, Chira Sckura (I'm not from Lat, so I cannot spell in Latin, man) have a great blend going on, raw energy rock with a heady beat, Uberoom blend a modern tempo with a rude boy Ska melody - get excited about something really cool, dancing music has died - nothing is new, the current pap being spooned to the youth is Chicago garage revamped for the masses - its pooh!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived