Underage Sex-we All Know When And Where...don't We?

manxchatterbox

There have only been two such reported cases in the last 9 years, as far as I remember. The first was when the fair was up at Nobles and the other was last year.

There was also strong rumour that motorcycles that were knicked got stowed amongst all the large wagons of the fun-fair.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Underage sex has been going on for years and always will, half the girls these days look alot older than what they really are. why is it that when a lad of 20yrs gets done for having sex with a 15yr old when the girl has told him shes 17, she should be the one that gets done for it. lada aint gonna ask for I.D when they hop into bed.

The idea of the law is people under the age of consent are not capable of giving informed consent.

Its a matter of opinion as to whether this is actually the case or not.

I personally dont see a problem between a 15 year old girl and a 16 or 17 year old boy. But I really do have a lot of difficulty with the idea of relations between a 15 year old girl and a man who might be much older ..maybe over 20 most definitely over 25. Shouldnt ever happen.

I say this knowing the age of consent varies in different cultures and different countries. Quite close to home I think Spain is still 14. Still seems wrong though.

Regarding the fairground workers I can think of two cases. One was a few years back and involved a young girl from the South of the Island and the other, I think, was last year.

• 3 weeks later...

This sort of stuff always happens when the gypsies or carnies come to town.

If its not an upsurge in underage sex, they're tarmacing your drive for a hundred quid, crapping in your garden, or selling gonks and lucky heather door to door.

AND we actually subsidise the cost to bring these people over in the first place.

If its not an upsurge in underage sex, they're tarmacing your drive for a hundred quid, crapping in your garden, or selling gonks and lucky heather door to door.

AND we actually subsidise the cost to bring these people over in the first place.

Some of my relatives are gypsies and are very nice people. Don't go making general statements based on a small group of people. Do you actually know any gypsies personally, or are you just making assumptions.

Other people get slate if they make generalised comments about other races, and are called bigots and racists. As far as I am concerned such comments about Gypsies are also offensive.

Do you actually know any gypsies personally, or are you just making assumptions.

What do you think?

I have actually met several travelling people in the UK and liked them, but in my experience the generalisations still stand. Of course all of them are not deviants or on the rob, but a good proportion of them are - the whole community is the worst possible advert for itself as far as i am concerned.

We seem to think that is is some sort of privilege to spend two or three quid to ride some crappy heath robinson contraption manned by gypsies and Ulkraineian immigrants for 35 seconds as part of the TT experience when these people should not be given permits to be in the Island. There are at least two underage sex cases in the last couple of years, and many suggestions of things going missing - including purses and wallets dipped whilst people are on the rides.

These are not assumptions. The two sex cases were well reported.

As with all things, there is a difference between the real thing (Gypsies) and the pretend mob that drag the rest down (pikies).

Known too much of the latter (usually called Smith) and also knew of the former, a lovely lady who used to be the biology lab technician at Park Road many, many years' ago. She had a real love of nature and was a true Gypsie (kind of consistent), although I doubt that many pupils knew that.

There are at least two underage sex cases in the last couple of years, and many suggestions of things going missing - including purses and wallets dipped whilst people are on the rides.

So now entire groups of people (Gypsies and Ukranians presumably) are to be denied entry to the Island based on two (of course serious) cases of underage sex, and a load of hearsay and gossip about things going missing?

Of course criminal acts should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and, if there is evidence of the fair as a hub of petty theft, the government should consider changing operators, but that in itself is no justification of the rather nasty racial overtones in the rest of your post.

Some of my relatives are gypsies and are very nice people. Don't go making general statements based on a small group of people. Do you actually know any gypsies personally, or are you just making assumptions.

Other people get slate if they make generalised comments about other races, and are called bigots and racists. As far as I am concerned such comments about Gypsies are also offensive.

Sorry but the "gypsies" or "romanys" are not a race therefore any comments aren't racist. Yes I've had experiences with these travelling people quite often. Within hours of their arrival phone-boxes have been broken into and vandalised,people have been threatened and generally theres been an air of menace. If they'd ever actually be known to the state it'd be quite easy to track them down however they choose to be "outside" society so if they ever need medical treatment they should pay for it a-la the USA.

Sorry but the "gypsies" or "romanys" are not a race therefore any comments aren't racist.

Gypsies and Irish Travellers are recognised ethnic groups for the purposes of the Race Relations Act (1976), identified as having a shared culture, language and beliefs

- Roma are recorded in Greece and Turkey around 1000AD and in Scotland in 1505.

- 'Gypsy' is thought to be a derivative of Egyptian, which is what the settled population believed the Roma to be.

- Irish Travellers have been known as a distinct group since 400AD.

- Case law established Gypsies as a recognised ethnic group in 1988 (CRE v Dutton) and Irish Travellers in England and Wales in August 2000 (O'Leary v Allied Domecq).

source of above info.

Apart from that, this...

Sorry but the "gypsies" or "romanys" are not a race therefore any comments aren't racist.

...is just a stupid comment to make....

I think people are getting mixed up with gypsies and pikeys, In simple terms a gypsies is someone who travels a lot aka a traveller (and always seem to do tarot readings!) and pikeys are the ones who break into a run down house, Try to take control of the street, Dump everything in the garden/road, Break into anything that could have something worth value in it (Or sometimes just for the hell of it) and mostly break into Car and Houses.

Well thats wasn't as simple as i'd have liked to have made it but i could of gone on a lot longer!

Archived