Anyone Know A 'catchy Name'?

Lonan3

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/is...man/5030438.stm

"Health bosses are hoping that residents can help them name the new Isle of Man stop smoking service.

The Department of Health and Social Security Public Health Directorate hopes to launch the scheme in October this year.

It will offer regular support with a stop smoking advisor, combined with Nicotine Replacement Therapy.

Anita Imberger, tobacco strategy co-ordinator, said it needed ideas for "catchy names" for the service."

Now this, I believe, is the sort of thing that the Forum is really awful good at.

So, any suggestions?

How about -

The Department of Health and Social Security Public Health Directorate Stop Smoking, Combined with Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Tobacco Strategy? or TDHSSPHDSSCWNRTTS

Thats catchy.

or

CRABS

Can Really AnyBody Stop.

Thats Catchy too!

I walked past the Gaiety Theatre last night and there were loads and loads of ciggie ends scattered around the door where the addicts had just thrown their filth around during the interval.

I walked past the Gaiety Theatre last night and there were loads and loads of ciggie ends scattered around the door where the addicts had just thrown their filth around during the interval.

There are loads of things I'd have paid to see at the Gaiety over the years if they had a smoking section. I'd quite happily sit up in the gods next to an extractor fan, or pay for a box and take some friends if that was the only option - because like most smokers I'm considerate and don't want to impose my grubby addiction on others.

Unfortunately, my complete Lack of Moral Fibre (a shooting offence on the Somme) means that a couple of hours of having a needless smoking ban imposed on me - however good the entertainment - isn't a sufficiently compelling or enjoyable night out.

A friend tells me that not only can you not smoke in the theatre, you can't smoke in the bar or the foyer either - so people are forced to smoke outside. No wonder there are loads of stubs then - does the theatre at least provide sufficient ashtrays for the 25-30% of us still afflicted by the habit?

I was at the Gaeity last night and was guilty of contributing at least a few of the ciggie butts outside the theatre.

However I would be more than happy to use the ashtrays........if only the theatre had provided any.

Archived