Do The Crouchie

If you care to read his quotes, he's never suggested he can step into Rooney's shoes. Who can?

He's just said he feels he is in decent form and can do a job.

what at robotics :lol: hes even shit at that.

His goal knocked you out of the FA Cup.

That's good enough for me

he thinks he can step into wayne rooneys shoes in the world cup :lol:

Nah Gerrard did that against Hungary the other night. Seemed to fit ok them shoes ;)

yes he did, but i don't see what thats got to do woth crouch? :unsure: we all know gerrard is a great player, but what your saying is he'll take rooneys place if he's fully fit? :lol:

love the way all the liverpool fans come out in the defence of crouch, they did the same with heskey and as soon as he left they did nothing but slag him.... funny how you don't see any of these fans with crouch on the back of their shirts too...

funny how you don't see any of these fans with crouch on the back of their shirts too...

Perhaps you could try one - but beginning with a 'G' instead of a 'C'?

:rolleyes: thats not even funny..must try harder :)

Sorry about the 19 goals someone said that at work and I just took it as fact. Perhaps they were talking about career goals.

I don't think anyone could suggest that he should be England's prime striker. I think there is a good case for him coming on near the end of a match when there's a need to change things. There is a tendancy for him to unsettle foreign defences, they are drawn to him, which creates space for Rooney & Owen.

Rooney's injury of course changes that. But any other striker would also have been less than the ideal choice as well. I'd have gone for Defoe or Johnson ahead of Walcott, which would have made the scenario above more credible because at the moment he's got 1 striker returning from injury, 1 striker who may recover to play a part in the tournament, and two strikers picked for when he needs to change things late in the game.

Sorry about the 19 goals someone said that at work and I just took it as fact. Perhaps they were talking about career goals.

I don't think anyone could suggest that he should be England's prime striker. I think there is a good case for him coming on near the end of a match when there's a need to change things. There is a tendancy for him to unsettle foreign defences, they are drawn to him, which creates space for Rooney & Owen.

D'ya know what, i'm of the obvious opinion that he's in the squad for the "change a game, give threat in the air" factor, but on recent performances, he's shit in the air, yes he's tall, but he doesn't exactly bother or show his hight really. His goal the other night, unfortunately, showed his strength, which is on the deck, he's really fuckin' crap in the air, he doesn't jump, or do anything physical at all, if he's there he's here, but J Terry does the pressure in the box during set-pieces, and crouch does nothing except stand there? If the ball comes to him he can score, which imo, is detrimental to the team, because there's a load of english players who can score and do a lot more.

Anyway, besides all that, i started this thread as an opponent to the obvious fucking robotics celebration that so many england "wannabecuntz" will be doing after every goal the lanky "TIMMMEEAH" twat scores this WC, grrr, and to think it could've been Rooney, Owen, Defoe, AJohnson up there!!

Go on Crouchie you scouose shitbag, win us the world cup!! :devil:

I wonder if Mo has anything to add? Given that Crouch won the ball in th air for Lampard's goal.

Of course mate, ya can never shut me up about football. I was impressed today, he had something about him, one was a defo own goal, but even i wouldn't take it away from him, the last goal was a belter too. But don't put him in for penalties! Like i said before, his strength is bizarrely at his feet, he doesn't do too much impressive stuff in the air on the whole, apart from the obvious set up, but even that wasn't great? His turn and shoot is great though. I hope he can do this in the world cup, well deserved hat trick today.

Yeah right! England v Trinidad and Tobago - - perhaps one more robot Crouchie!

England supporters are such an arrogant bunch. They've spent 40 years going on about winning the world cup in 1966 (which other country has spent 40 yrs doing that?). If you're English you need to start thinking about the real things you've thrown away - not just the football. - Wise up!!!

The UK should have one team and then they might stand a chance - you'd laugh if the French argued they should have 4 teams in the world cup - North France, West France, East France and South France.

Yeah right! England v Trinidad and Tobago - - perhaps one more robot Crouchie!

England supporters are such an arrogant bunch. They've spent 40 years going on about winning the world cup in 1966 (which other country has spent 40 yrs doing that?). If you're English you need to start thinking about the real things you've thrown away - not just the football. - Wise up!!!

Like what? I agree it gets rammed down ya throat each and every year a tournament comes around, but to what "real" things are you referring to, in a football thread, in a sports section of a forum?
The UK should have one team and then they might stand a chance - you'd laugh if the French argued they should have 4 teams in the world cup - North France, West France, East France and South France.

:blink:

...but to what "real" things are you referring to, in a football thread, in a sports section of a forum?

Any sport not played by the UK as a whole and split into separate England, Scotland, Wales etc. teams like rugby etc.

But rugby's for poofs and thugs who can't play football?

:lol: that was funkin funny

Back on topic - there's an excellent article about Crouch in the Int Herald Tribune http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/06/sports/soccer.php

with some first-rate quotes.

Peter Crouch is soccer's version of the ugly duckling who dreams of becoming a swan

...people tend to laugh the first time they see him. But because there is skill hidden in his feet, because he works like a slave and hopes like a boy, we warm to him

He twice did his thing in front of the 70,000 spectators in Manchester. He laughed, they laughed. He knows he's no Lord of the Dance, they know it, too, but, hey, there's room in soccer for some fun.

Why did the supporters take to him? Because he never stopped running for the team, because people saw that he had better control of the ball than first impressions suggest. Because he never hid, never ducked interviewers asking again and again would he ever score a goal

And there lies the appeal of Crouch. When things go badly, he tries harder; when things go well, he has a touch of modesty

All true, I think - and I for one would be delighted if he turned out to be England's top scorer in the tournament.

Archived