German Night

Amadeus

Once a year, I'm allowed to open a very special box - It's got three big padlocks on it, and is usually stored somewhere in the basement behind solid steel doors. There's a label on it which reads "Do not ever play these CDs on the Island!" - but that's about to be ignored.. It's time for the annual

German Night

at the Outback on Wednesday, 10pm

Usually a really good night, so come along and listen to songs where you don't understand the lyrics and generally wonder what's going on :)

It'll be the best night (musically) The Outback (or its previous incarnation, The Tardis) will have ever seen if you just stick 99 Luftballons, and Eins, Zwei, Polizei on repeat.

Do that!

I wish.... Can't get any decent food over here

That's a pity...I was looking forward to 'Eva Prawn, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads - and hors d'oeuvres - hors d'oeuvres vich must be obeyed at all times vithout qvestion! Sorry! Sorry!'

There and I didn't even mention the you know what.

'

I never understood why an Italian techno act would bring out a song in German - maybe it sounded rubbish in Italian? "uno due polizie".....

Could actually throw some Eurodance in - taking that most of it was at least produced in Germany.

/off to polish my oompah CDs now...

Eins, Zwei, Polizei!....... is there a few versions of this, I remeber the Modo one.

Eins zwei, Polizei

drei vier, Offizier

fünf sechs, alte Hex'

sieben acht, gute Nacht!

neun zehn, schlafen geh'n

The Modo version will always be the definitive one in my view, it reminds me of watching MTV in the mid late '90s. Ja ja ja, was ist los, was ist das? Second only to Dr Bombay's S.O.S (The Tiger Took My Family)* as an example of deeply confusing European dance music.

*The video involved the singer 'blacking up' and singing in a very bad attempt at an indian accent.

Why don't you just stick the lp version of Autobahn on repeat, occasionally break it up with Hallelujah by Can and you'll have the best music night the Outback could ever dream of (not that it dreams of having a good music policy of course).

Eins, Zwei, Polizei!....... is there a few versions of this, I remeber the Modo one.

Eins zwei, Polizei

drei vier, Offizier

fünf sechs, alte Hex'

sieben acht, gute Nacht!

neun zehn, schlafen geh'n

The Modo version will always be the definitive one in my view, it reminds me of watching MTV in the mid late '90s. Ja ja ja, was ist los, was ist das? Second only to Dr Bombay's S.O.S (The Tiger Took My Family)* as an example of deeply confusing European dance music.

*The video involved the singer 'blacking up' and singing in a very bad attempt at an indian accent.

Modo___Eins_zwei_polizei.mp3

Also anyone remember a song called "we cheer you up" or something along those lines with topless women skating around? was always on some sky channels back in the early 90's

Archived