No 40mph Signs At Windy?

ade

Can anyone confirm what I thought I saw this morning, the 40mph 'guidance' signs have been removed from the approach to Windy Corner in both directions? Remove them for TT and replace them when it's quieter? Cheeky...

Just a point but they are not speed limit signs, they are the recommended max speed for the corner.

If it was a speed restriction sign it would be a red circle on a white background.

Also there is no end of speed restiction after windy.

Just a point but they are not speed limit signs, they are the recommended max speed for the corner.

If it was a speed restriction sign it would be a red circle on a white background.

Re-read the top post dude:

Can anyone confirm what I thought I saw this morning, the 40mph 'guidance' signs

Just a point but why spend £250,000 to upgrade the road, and then put 40mph "advisable" signs up when the road was obviously deemed ok to use unrestricted before the work was done.

"Advice" signs are pathetic - they have no legal standing at all so why bother. It just means that some old fart in a trilby hat driving a brown Honda Accord slams on the brakes and causes a multiple pile up behind because he's the only idiot who takes notice of them.

"Advice" signs are pathetic - they have no legal standing at all so why bother. It just means that some old fart in a trilby hat driving a brown Honda Accord slams on the brakes and causes a multiple pile up behind because he's the only idiot who takes notice of them.

Well ... opinions will differ I suppose. We have always had advice signs. Once upon a time the spacing of those white dashed lines on the road used to vary according to the perceived difficulty of the route. Increasing difficulty led to closer dashes.

We have aways had those large chevrons to advise us a sharp bend was imminent.

My opinion ? Maybe a lot of people would find advice signs preferable to legally enforceable speed limits.

Might be worth a try anyhow.

Well ... opinions will differ I suppose. We have always had advice signs. Once upon a time the spacing of those white dashed lines on the road used to vary according to the perceived difficulty of the route. Increasing difficulty led to closer dashes.

We have aways had those large chevrons to advise us a sharp bend was imminent.

My opinion ? Maybe a lot of people would find advice signs preferable to legally enforceable speed limits.

Might be worth a try anyhow.

The best ones are the smiley / sad face electronic signs because they do work in slowing you down as you see them trigger and it registers with you that you're over the limit.

That is all they need.

Why put 40mph "advisable" signs up, nobody takes a blind bit of notice.

Just a point but why spend £250,000 to upgrade the road, and then put 40mph "advisable" signs up when the road was obviously deemed ok to use unrestricted before the work was done.

The 'old fart in a trilby hat driving a brown Honda Accord' never get over 25 in the 1st place, I'd be more concerned about the 'young twat just passed their test with 6 mates in the car texting another in a following car equally overloaded with music blastic out at 200db and trying to break the land speed record around a corner'

:P

Archived