Vodka +

Pat Ayres

but then i remember from my uni days, we didnt need vodka, the shop round the corner sold bottles of absinthe

Pfft absinthe. Posh student!

During my time at the taxpayers expense we drank white lightning cider and thought ourselves lucky ;)

During my time at the taxpayers expense we drank white lightning cider and thought ourselves lucky ;)

I was thinking similar! Only goths and French ladies want to drink absinthe, surely. And only the latter of those two can actually afford to do so.

I was moving someone the other day, in the wine cellar (no kidding) apart from loads of champagne, there was a bottle of Absinthe. 95o proof. I don't know what that is in percentage terms but it was an old bottle and shone with a mystic green light. I feel it was the real stuff cos it was a little bottle and slightly opaque.

Was mainly Hoffmeister for me, with the occasionaly half bottle of vodka before going out. Oh, and Tesco 'Burgas' Bulgarian wine because it was £1.69 a bottle even if you did have to hold your nose whilst drinking it.

I am currently enjoying vodka & diet cherry coke - it appears to be a superb combination!

i have been told that half a bottle of vodka with am pack of pro plus works wonders

I remember one night in my yoof, taking a couple of pro plus before a night out as I was tired (from being out the night before probably) and then drinking Mad Dog 20/20 (remember that stuff?). Never again did I touch pro-plus - my head hurts thinking about it.

post-31-1149788771_thumb.jpg

I remember at Uni going into the fine art department to see some wag had written under a poster of Degas' L'Absinthe "Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder". Can't hear the word without thinking of that very funny bit of grafitti!

Aaaahhh - you read my mind Gavsta. As I was trawling through the thread I thought 'I must put a bit in about T-Bird.' And then you did. I think it was the red which was stronger (red = danger??). You'll also be glad to know I'm sure I saw some in Paul Howard's convenience store on Windsor road if you want to maybe recreate those heady student nights.

The true alcoholics go for Buckfast - tonic wine. Very popular in Glasgow.

I remember once drinking loads of orange 20-20 in between the Haven and the Bradda (and in the Bradda), followed by several pints then that night I chundered orange flavour spew at home. I didn't dare figure out how to work the vax until my mum went away a few days later and the smell by then was beyond description. Never touched it again after that because of the orangey smell.

T bird was ace though too. Me and my mate used to get that from Royal Wine Stores, then drink it in Athol park, before going to the Haven.

Those were the days. :D

this thread brings back memories. mad dog 20/20 and thunderbird were drinks we always had before we went out.

the red thunderbird as definitley the stronger one, only ever had that one once

Archived