Headfunkcollective.com

ray marshall

hi all

im ray marshall.....i have just got back in touch with a mate over there big steve....i have just been reading your posts about the club scene there.....believe me its no picnic in guernsey either....unless your into really bad cheese or rnb (shiver)....

anyway.....im part of a small company based in guernsey who are trying to get extra dates, we already have a regular slot @ club 54 here (our website is active but under construction) so we can present a great night with enthusiastic, genuinely talented dj's, but not playing the usual suspects, our music ranges from funky house, hardhouse,trance,hard trance,psy trance, techno and acid.

please visit our website for more details, and if your feeling brave, give us a booking....you wont regret it....

hear from you soon

ray marshall

Homepage

CLUB 54

hi all

im ray marshall.....i have just got back in touch with a mate over there big steve....i have just been reading your posts about the club scene there.....believe me its no picnic in guernsey either....unless your into really bad cheese or rnb (shiver)....

anyway.....im part of a small company based in guernsey who are trying to get extra dates, we already have a regular slot @ club 54 here (our website is active but under construction) so we can present a great night with enthusiastic, genuinely talented dj's, but not playing the usual suspects, our music ranges from funky house, hardhouse,trance,hard trance,psy trance, techno and acid.

please visit our website for more details, and if your feeling brave, give us a booking....you wont regret it....

hear from you soon

ray marshall

Homepage

CLUB 54

Hi everyone...I'm one of the D.J. of headfunk collective and i totally agree with Ray, unfortunatelly to move things foward here in guernsey is very hard if not impossible, believe me they are still stok on xstina aguillera - durty, that is as bad as it get. Well ....check us out on the web site......maybe one day someone will employ us to come and shake things up a little ovethere.

Ciao

www.headfunkcollective.com

theres already alot of decent DJs/nights/ideas over here, but no where to hold our nights...

it would seem that going out at night is becoming a problem.....venues appear to either only want top names thus blocking the smaller guys from showing folk what they can do.....or theyre changed from clubs to flats.....

go figure...... :rolleyes:

i cant imagine guernsey clubs wanting just top name djs? and that isnt the case over here either... ive done a bit of promoting over here and run my own night, and the problem we have over here is that there isnt actually the venues avaliable... and the ones that are arent really the best suited... either that or things are made very difficult to try and do something as successfully as possible

i cant imagine guernsey clubs wanting just top name djs? and that isnt the case over here either... ive done a bit of promoting over here and run my own night, and the problem we have over here is that there isnt actually the venues avaliable... and the ones that are arent really the best suited... either that or things are made very difficult to try and do something as successfully as possible

sorry im probably not explaining myself properly........

im not saying that guernsey is only interested in big name dj's.....i just mean it seems bad that to get anywhere you have to know the right people as opposed to actually being any good....

its like that everywhere, blagging, hassling people and supporting your local nights etc are the best ways to meet the people you need to meet with regards to promoters n stuff... what kinda stuff do you guys play?

roberto plays from funky house thru to trance

tom plays from dirty house thru tech house

dan plays from house also thru hardhouse

and yours truely plays from trance thru to techno, generally the edgier gear....do you play?

and if so what...?

yeah i play minimal techno, nothing too fast and meaty; but, in the style of the stuff on Crosstown Rebels label, and John Dahlback/Liebing/Umek/Hawtin/ also quite into my Dubstep, and don't mind a bit of 4x4 and D&B. I run a night over here called Infusion... next one is on the Saturday 24th June... :)

yeah i play minimal techno, nothing too fast and meaty; but, in the style of the stuff on Crosstown Rebels label, and John Dahlback/Liebing/Umek/Hawtin/ also quite into my Dubstep, and don't mind a bit of 4x4 and D&B. I run a night over here called Infusion... next one is on the Saturday 24th June... :)

nice spread.....have you checked out sushitech records believe it or not a local label that deals with minimal techno.....do you use your mflive at all?

Hi luis c...Nice of you. Nice to see ohter djs with a very wide misic range... good for you. As Ray said I'm play from uplifting house, funky little bit of hard and than go to trance and progressive. go to the our web site www.headfunkcollective.com and you can ear my mixing. you might like it you don't but that will give you an idea what we trying to do. Good luck for your night i'm sure you gonna rock the place down he he he

I used to play a bit of turbo slip bottomless pit techno thru to thump thump thump beats. Also tried my hand at laser skipping hard bungalow.

Ahhh those were the days....

nice spread.....have you checked out sushitech records believe it or not a local label that deals with minimal techno.....do you use your mflive at all?

Talking of mflive...tune in to www.mflive.com every Thursday night from 8pm for the Beatfix Show where you can hear plenty of slammin' beats namely breakbeat, electro, DnB, tech house, an old skool feature and much more besides :)

Louis can vouch for the largeness of the show, he's one of our listeners and Mobeats and I will be DJing at the Infusion event next weekend!! ;)

Archived