Snow Patrol Sold Out Before Lunch...

Beckett

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we could aim higher than the Worzels though.

There is no higher than the Worzels. Didn't the Worzels do a gig on the Isle of Man about twelve years ago or so, or am I confusing them with Jethro, their comedy equivalent?

Lou Reed was fantasic... The hall was only half full though... if that! I believe there is a bit argument raging over a radio station broadcasting that the event was sold out hence the poor ticket sales??

The villa looking half full is full. For some reason even when there's no seating they can only sell the number of places as if seats where there, so you get the hall half full with people standing. Assume its fire regs or some such nonsense. Bloody annoying though, you could get another 500 in easily.

Agreed, I saw Alice and the main thing that I noticed was how empty the floor seemed! Normally, you go to these things and are prepared for a crush, (adds to the atmosphere) but this was almost tea dance stuff.

Ahh fair enough. That, with a bit of modification, could have been a good place. Out in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours to offend, has a car park, 5 mins drive from Douglas.....

More money in golf though :)

Ahh fair enough. That, with a bit of modification, could have been a good place. Out in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours to offend, has a car park, 5 mins drive from Douglas.....

More money in golf though :)

Ans .. I guess you are old enough to remember ..The Island had a lot of good size venues. It was always a problem filling them or even attracting enough people to make them viable. If that wasnt the case they would still be here.

Do you really think it would be any different today? I think not after seeing the apathy first hand last year.

Shame but thats the history of the place guys. We dont give events our support ..or at least not enough of us do.

A sports hall of some description would fit the bill, like they do in England, that way revenue could be achieved week in week out.

Yeah, the big concerts used to take place on the bowl of course, but the nsc revamp of that area is now a bit segragated to manage it.

The NSC sportshalls would be good, they're big, they have tiered seating, they have a bar and good evacuation facilities. Doubt it'd be allowed tho, some jobsworth cunt would decide it's not on for some bizzare reason.

Ans .. I guess you are old enough to remember ..The Island had a lot of good size venues. It was always a problem filling them or even attracting enough people to make them viable. If that wasnt the case they would still be here.

Do you really think it would be any different today? I think not after seeing the apathy first hand last year.

Shame but thats the history of the place guys. We dont give events our support ..or at least not enough of us do.

I think you're mistaking me for one of the 'Ra Ra, let's get Eminem and Madonna to co-headline a series of dates in Ramsey because that would be awesome' crowd. I'm well aware of the financial and logistical sides to any argument, but I would dispute that it's a dead end.

The problem is that it's the wrong people making the decisions about who comes over. As much as I dislike Snow Patrol personally, you have to say that they've got that one right when it sells out in one morning. Sounds like they could easily accomodate a second show, I know plenty of people who didn't get tickets that wanted them. Compare that to Lou Reed, who sold half his tickets for each night with a month of sale time? Utterly the wrong act to book.

No, it needs someone with a bit more vision. Someone more in tune with the current musical climate and someone who actually understands live music. They should just give the job to smiler at Manxbands really.

I'd have said that your average person in the street wouldn't have heard of them and that they didn't have the potential chart success to change that.

I'm no expert on the current pop climate. My tastes range from obscure 50s jazz to extreme black metal, I don't have much middle ground. I know enough to know that Lou Reed = Bad Idea and Snow Patrol = Good Idea though. If they asked me to put together a bill, I'd be the only one who wanted to go :)

Velvet Revolver did play Live8 though, if it was around that time maybe a few more people would have gone.

Basically you're looking at artists that are big through most age groups. People like KT Tunstall, Keane etc.

Archived