Tt2007 "back To Basics"

Silentbob

I think the Health and Safety issue for the coppers is nullified by the fact that half of them were jumping on the back of bikes to get their picture taken etc.

As previously mentioned, apart from the clock climber, there has never been a serious/fatal injury on the prom outside bushey's to my memory.

Anything that attracts the wrong element to where the visitors congregate is a bad thing.

There never used to be anything along the prom, it didnt make the evening boring, as the road was open, so there was always something to see on the road, and it was always entertaining.

Oh, and that pillock of a police man - Mark Britton, was it? - puffing about in the middle of an open road in the name of 'entertainment'. What a tosser.

The problem with stopping seemingly behaving bikers to embarress them is that when they pull off again, they aren't behaving anymore. They are making rude gestures, speeding off, pulling wheelies, etc and so he was causing the problems he was there to stop!

The greatest free show on earth?

I would disagree because it has to be the whole package, people come to our fantastic island to see the sights that we all know and love, not some shite half assed carnies cramming up the prom causing a mass of teenage girls wearing nothing, drinking alchopops to impress the guy on the waltzers.

The image of a fun copper acting to his crowd makes me puke, if they wanted clown they would have ordered one.

They need to realise the big picture of whats really happening instead of claiming how visitors were up by x%, they need to put surveys out on the TT websites, send out feedback forms via the steam packet booking system and find out what people who came over thought about it.

Then maybe they would see just how shit it has become. All the residents cries go unnoticed year after year, and maybe this way something will acctually change.

Doubt it though, and as much as it pains me its not just the TT, tourism over all has took a serious nose dive.

Get rid of them horsetrams too ffs!

the fair at nobles was always better, it was more confined in the sense that it wasnt spread out in a line along the prom... what happened to the bungee jump? and things like that?

the villa have got some great acts lined up... and also i very much doubt bikers would pay out the £30/£35 for tickets when they primarily come over for the bikes n atmosphere n can enjoy that at Bushys!

but with regards to the fair; it has been traditional, and a part of TT week as far back as I can remember... It does add to the atmosphere, and if they were to have anything then having the majoirty of attractions on the prom then they are keeping the trouble in one place...

The fair is a comparatively recent innovation. It has no obvious connection with the TT. It is mainly used by locals who are deprived of such 'entertainment' during the rest of the year.

The closing of the Loch Prom is fine - but it should only be for about an hour each evening so that one or two 'acts' can perform. That would leave more time for the bikers to make their own entertainment and avoid having the same 'acts' on display virtually every night.

Open-air concerts by top artists are a good idea - and they don't have to be confined to the centre of Douglas. If the artist is popular enough the fans will go to see them - and a bit of rain won't put them off.

A decent variety show at the Villa Marina - good comic, singers, dancers, novelty acts etc would provide an alternative for families or for those too old to enjoy 'loud music.'

Finally, subsidise the pubs and clubs who are willing to provide entertainment during the festival - either music or cabaret - and I think it would be money well spent.

Archived