New Look Manx Radio Website

Beckett

Much better design , although it doesn;t load correctly in IE7 which is stupid when it's so close to release and they'll just have to spend the money a few months down the line.

I just hope they start getting better photos for their stories, although I would miss the laugh! :P

Also an old shoprite advert (with the old logo) that doesn't go anywhere! :P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also an old shoprite advert (with the old logo) that doesn't go anywhere! :P

Any the Barry Curran link doesn't work to well either.

Al leat we can now link to news stories a little easier and there's no horrible IP address in sight

It's a validation tool from the people who write the standards for web authoring. I'd say it was accurate.

:blink: Well my tech knowledge is minimal (If you couldn't already tell by the number of stupid questions i've asked!), I didn't even know that! :lol:

I quite like that link though, Thanks!

ebay.co.uk got 190 errors! yet skype.co.uk passed validation!

A lot of it is very strict, for example over half the errors for here are because there's no 'ALT' attrbute on the images. Alt gives a text alternative to the image so users with images disabled (wtf?) can see what the image is supposed to be.

If you're hard coding a brand new site these days though, it's wise to at least try to conform.

A lot of it is very strict, for example over half the errors for here are because there's no 'ALT' attrbute on the images. Alt gives a text alternative to the image so users with images disabled (wtf?)

Not sure what you meant by wtf but some people on dial-up have images disabled so its isn't as slow to load up etc, But i feel a prat saying this as you probably knew that and the wtf is for something else!

How come this page has a title for the schedule box linkg

http://www.manxradio.com/newsinGaelic.aspx

But the homepage just says link above it? Somebody hasn't been paying attention when changing the default stuff. And why are the links to the radio stream named 1 and 2, why get rid of AM and FM?

That aside i like it, much much better than the old one.

edit. Just looked at the photo galleries, all of the pictures open up in a pop-up window and go to informit.com.

Still the same old backend bugs though, you can still type stuff into the url and have it appear in the body (which is prolly xsl vulnerable if you could be aresed to exploit it). Still cuts off words half way with the 'read more' text...

A lot of it is very strict, for example over half the errors for here are because there's no 'ALT' attrbute on the images. Alt gives a text alternative to the image so users with images disabled (wtf?) can see what the image is supposed to be.

If you're hard coding a brand new site these days though, it's wise to at least try to conform.

The images thing is mainly for accessibility and screen readers :)

Site looks good to me (apart from perhaps the fixed width). Does seem a shame that the police felt it necessary to close it down at the wind down of such a prominent festival, but regs are regs I suppose.

Manx Radio has a new-look website. Got to say that it's much better than the last one.

Shame the Audio Vault is still in a horrid format which is a pain to get onto the iPod :(

already discussed here : link removed as outdated

But yeah, The site looks a lot better than it used to.

Archived