New Look Manx Radio Website

Beckett

Incidentally, while fannying around with this, I was poking around on the site and if you click on anyone's profile outside of Presenters or Admin (ie news or sales), you get internal errors and a big nasty error screen.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case there website person is watching - and I hope he is because there is some good tips here in this thread for him - the Mandate listen again thing in the morning is an hour long but there is only one tab to click and that is the first 1/2 hour. It was ok on the last website because there was two 1/2 hour speaker tab things.

I quitye like mandate although they are all getting just a little bit too chatty and dropping the professionalism and atempting to make a virtue out of their many silly mistakes. Just do the job and get on with it please :)

The jokes aren't as funny as the two of them although sometimes 3 of them think, either. If you don't mind me saying/

In case there website person is watching - and I hope he is because there is some good tips here in this thread for him

Why not send him an email - you can contact him here:

http://www.bloomindesign.com/contact.asp

Whether he's responsible for content is another matter, probably not - But his company did the design shell, as it says on the MR site footer. I wouldn't advertise that fact until it was right though...

http://www.bloomindesign.com/mr/

Edited: to take out name of designer - just in case I get a warn!!

Why not send him an email - you can contact him here:

I thought about that but I have sent Manx Radio website contact plenty of emails before and they just seem to ignore me. Maybe they have changed the website people. (note though that I have to say Manx Radio staff ALWAYS reply including the MD once)

Anyway, when I design a site one day I will ask people on this forums to critique it, if you dont mind. It can't be bad having all you doing it for free :):) There have been some good points made and I know some of you are web designers and not just me as a man in the street.

Well they took away all the little microphione icons to "Listen Again" but I can only find the first 1/2 hour of mandate (ie the morning slot) and I wanted to hear the second half (interview with Milky and someone? called Paul Phillips.

We're getting there.

So mebe its best to communicate through the forum although it is a bit irritating for the rest of you. Has anyone else noticed an improvement?

And its my taxes that pay for some of it so why not. But I don't mean to critisice as such, because all in all I am a supoprter of Manx Radio

Much better design , although it doesn;t load correctly in IE7 which is stupid when it's so close to release and they'll just have to spend the money a few months down the line.

I just hope they start getting better photos for their stories, although I would miss the laugh! :P

Also an old shoprite advert (with the old logo) that doesn't go anywhere! :P

I for one am confused - I didn't start this thread, my comment was a response in a different thread?!

I'm trying to work out why they give it a xhtml 1.0 Strict doctype when it contains so many instances of obviously non-conforming code.......

If they used VS2005 I think its the default doc type.

I few things I don't like about it or have found don't work:

# On any page, click on the Manx Radio logo at the top to take you to the home page - Doh!

# Every page appears cluttered. Why does every link need a title saying it's a link?

# As mentioned above I can't stand the 3 images repeated on the news pages - why?????

# As mentioned above when you select say a director and view info, it falls over.

# Community photo gallery - when you view an image, it looks for a server called "alex-dev-server" and fails...

# If you view an old news article through the search facility (if you can find it) then underneath the other news articles don't work....

To be honest, I preferred the old one.....

A

There was already an existing discussion on the site design so your comment was merged into this one to save having two parallel discussions.

Seem to be a slight bit of over management of the Boards.

How so? Surely it makes sense to have all of the comments in one thread than have them across two at the detriment of the original point of the first thread.

Archived