Close The Pubs On Sundays

FCMR

As an employer I would love to see the pubs shut on Sundays as well as Sky TV not broadcasting live matches on Sundays.

The Government should act now and change the drinking laws on the IOM, Mondays are now a joke, we never seem to get all the staff in, same excuse, bad head from Sunday.

And those that do make it in on Monday are to xxxxed to do a good days work.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because we all live to work.....

If your staff are saying that, then warn them / sack them. Jeez if they can't handle their own lives thats down to them and they should take responsibility. Why chastise everyone else because a few of your staff can't be responsible enough to not get lashed every sunday night.

I quite enjoy a couple of pints come Sunday, but I know not to over cook it.

Also if your blaming football, what about Wednesday nights games - do your staff also not come in Thursdays?

Well sack them and get reliable people in!

Its not that easy to sack a person these day,s, and if you do they take you to court. Its not just the IOM that has this problem its the UK too, billions of £s are lost each year and Sky are the main problem having live football on all day sunday.

Open all day for the pubs on Sunday was a tourist thing, but now that we have no tourist go back to the old hours. A couple of pints a lunch time and then home for lunch was the done thing years ago, now its get lashed up and mug some poor git on the way home. The police have more problems with drinkers on a Sunday than any other day.

Sky are the main problem having live football on all day sunday

That's a pathetic excuse! You are obviously not capable of running your business then.

Dock their wages - they are not sick. Give warnings 3 strikes and your out.

The "my head hurts from too much drink" is just not an excuse to be off work. I'd have more respect for them if they at least tried to lie and come up with some exotic disease!

They are taking you for a ride mate!

Lets just ban all Sky TV! In fact let's just shut all the pubs!!

If your staff aren't coming into work and you know for a fact that it's because they spent Sunday night in the pub and are nursing a hangover on Monday then I'm pretty sure you have reasonable enough grounds to give them verbal/written warnings and then sack them.

Archived