Close The Pubs On Sundays

FCMR

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit unnecessary that. You post up a thread moaning that your staff don't come into work on Mondays cos they go out and get drunk - you know this and don't do anything about it and then people give you sensible solutions to the problem and you insult them. Nice. No wonder your staff treat you the way you do if that's the type of attitude you have.

/me tottally disgraced @ fmrc :angry:

That aside can i work for you FMRC? could do with weds off tho and you seem like a flexible type of guy, also maybe a fri too every now and again, maybe a monday aswell come to think of it.

FMRC wrote

Sillky and Wild dog? xxxx off

Another well thought out constructive post from you fmrc.

You have just proven to everyone what sort of a person you really are.

If anyone disagrees with you and you don't get your own way

"hurl abuse and swear at them ".

You really need to do something about that attitude of yours.

Don't forget there is more than one boat everyday but you'll need a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
FMRC wrote

Sillky and Wild dog? xxxx off

You really need to do something about that attitude of yours.

Don't forget there is more than one boat everyday but you'll need a ticket.

Its OK for others to give me abuse when they feel like it.

Take a look at the attitude of others.

I get the boat most weeks and I find the fares to be OK.

Keep Man for the Manx

Hahah you're xxxx at trolling, you can see it a mile off. When trolling try to keep comments designed to wind people up close to the topic

Keep Man for the Manx

Where the xxxx did that come from.

Go back to Trolling 101 and ask for your money back!

Hahah you're xxxx at trolling, you can see it a mile off. When trolling try to keep comments designed to wind people up close to the topic

Go back to Trolling 101 and ask for your money back!

The worrying thing is, I honestly don't think FCMR's intention is to wind people up, I think he's for real and being serious :blink:

Keep Man for the Manx
I really hate this kind of stuff FMCR. How 'Manx' does one have to be to be 'Manx'? I wasn't born on the island and my name isn't Manx. My ancestors, those I'm aware of, were Manx, Irish, English, Catholic, Protestant and, very probably, Jewish. How should I define myself according to your rules? I can trace my Manx roots back to at least the 17th century - and yet this is only one part of my history. My mother was born in London - one of my grandparents was born in Wales. I have a cousin who is a Scot, 2 nieces who are from Hampshire and a niece and nephew who are Londoners. Rich, middle class and poor. Where does nationlism leave people like us? I have relatives who are Americans.

You won't find many people who are enirely Manx, or entirely anything. Just like you won't find many people who are entirely Yorkshire, London, Cornwall or anywhere else.

Nationality isn't something to be proud of IMO. That's a fall back position, IMO, for people with little else to offer. When I think of nationalists - then I think of the BNP, UKIP or the FN (silly little men). Culture and community are worth being proud of. Something you personally contribute towards and are emotionally attached to.

It's also, IMO, particularly contradictory to argue, on one thread - against the loss of the finance sector - whilst arguing on another thread that the Isle of Man should only be for the 'Manx'.

Exactly what point in history would you want to go back to in your definition of 'Manx'? And would you try to prevent your children from mating outside of the clan. Especially given that some of your descendants will ultimately and inevitably be black. Didn't the, so called, Celts come from India? And how do you feel about Scandanavians?

EDIT: incidentally - none of my Manx ancestors were Methodists. I've got fairly strong opinions about the bad influence of Methodism on the Isle of Man!

Fmrc wrote

Its OK for others to give me abuse when they feel like it.
Yes, of course it is, and you give it back, it is a forum after all.

Take a look at the attitude of others.

Others don't get het up and tell others to xxxx off do they sonny.

The word for today is *Chill*.

I get the boat most weeks and I find the fares to be OK.
You get the boat most weeks, you must be buying return tickets then?

why bother? Why not just buy a one way ticket?

Keep Man for the Manx

What a pathetic statement that is----------------

That would leave about 6 people on the Island then.

To be Manx as you put it, both your parents have to be Manx and both sets of their parents (your grandparents) have to be Manx.

That would mean that both sets of your grandparents that are mentioned above, their parents and there parents would have to of been born here, making someone down the line very inbred, wouldn't you say?

Does the IOM have an alcohol abuse problem or not.

Umm, YES.

All islands do.

I could quote that for two other islands I have lived on, plus one more that was near to one of the islands I lived on.

Truth is, the binge drinking culture is prevalent across the UK these days.

I think we are worse. About five years ago, Customs and Excise revealed the actual revenue from alcohol for the Island. It worked out that we drink 25% per head MORE than anywhere else in the UK.

I would guess the figures are still at the same level, and can probably be obtained from Government stats. 25% is a huge amount above average.

So, to help our image, I now pledge to drink 25% less Okells for the rest of the year.

Archived