Interesting Questions

Stavros

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off thread, Slim your signature with the ManxOnline link is really sad :-( because you click on it and get the "These forums are closed" etc message... sniff..

I'll not stop discussing politics openly. It's everyones right to do so.
Are there any guidelines as to what is acceptable and what isn't on this forum?

Isn't it also odd to ask questions about a private company, manx telecom, in government?

You could argue that that is what's been happening with Ned and Springfield (Damn, those names stick easier than the real names :D )

As a very general guide, posts that amount to little more than personal abuse will be removed - as will posts that include references to general members of the public's real names.

It is fairly easy to judge, when posting, if the comments posted are likey to result in a complaint. All complaints will be acted upon and the offending material removed where just cause for complaint is apparent.

Any posters of removed/edited entries in the forums will be notified of the event and given reason for such action.

We would also draw your attention to the following guidelines on reporting posts:-

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75

In addition to that, anything potentially libellous will be deleted without warning. Whether it actually is libellous or not is irrelevant, none of the mod team nor Unisol have enough legal knowledge to be able to determine what is and what isn't so the safest thing is to remove it completely. I don't think this particular topic falls under that umbrella though.

Political discussion is not banned. Repeating unsubstantiated gossip is, even if you're proved to be right in the long run, we'd rather not take the chance.

In addition, anything sub-judice will be deleted summarily.

Considering we are in our third home, with our third 'head admin' in almost as many months, I hope everyone can understand and accept this approach.

Everything is judged on a per instance basis but moderators are far more likely to err on the side of caution.

Too late Grumble, comedy MHK Quintin Tarantino, has done that already, I see he has withdrawn his question about the forums closure.....

He was due to ask Homer's Neighbour, Ned Flanders if any political pressure was applied, but has withdrawn the question because it was wrongly worded

Mr Tarrantino admitted his question was wrong to refer to the Isle of Man Online chat room

(taken from today's Excreta).

He threatens to reintroduce his "question" in the future.

I intend to e-mail him to ask him not to re-ask this question.

Can you suggest to him that he doesn't refer to it as a 'chat room'? That phrase just conjures up images of teenage girls and dirty old perverts....

Ahh, maybe he's right.

(Seriously though, it's not a chat room, it's a forum. I'd even accept message board)

Cheers Topaz, I thought it might be you that knew the answer.

Mr Quintin Gill MLC

Since when did Quintin Gill become an MLC?

As quoted from the Isle of Man Government Website, bottom of page under Department of Education pictured with Capt Andrew Douglas MHK.

Found whilst trying to find said Tarrantino's email address.

Stav.

Yeah I spotted that, I'll include it in my -mail.

Archived