Drive Kill Walk Away

manx driver

where else in the world can you overtake,kill a girl, have someone say you are shy but never been in trouble, blame the girls mother in the back of the car for not having a seat belt on and walk out of court with a slapped wrist

well pardon me but if the guy was on his own side of the road the seatbelt would not matter as the 2 cars would of passed side by side instead of head on crash

If this is not appealed there is something very wrong in manx law or is it another case of another driver money talks.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the isle of man manx driver.

when something usually stinks it means something is rotten.

I don't think i need to spell it out here, take the case of the woman on the motorbike killed by a young driver.

Justice is not for all my friend.

As much as I understand the parent's greith & anger, and the fact some people may infer money may have played a part in the verdict, the lad does have to live with the fact he killed somebody. I think that alone is a great weight to carry. The question is, would serving 1/2/3+ years in prison make him a better person, a reformed character, probably not. He deserves punishment but cases like this are hard to make a judgement on. If it was my daughter, I'd naturally say life in prison - its a tough one.

Fortunately the vast majority of us are spared the responsibility of gauging appropriate sentences for demeanours.

In the Island, that responsibility lies with the Deemsters and we have to trust their judgement and integrity.

They wont always get it right and we wont always see or hear the reasons for the severity of sentences.

My understanding is sentences can be appealed by either party. By the Attorney General in cases where he considers the sentencing too lenient or by the convicted in cases where he or she feels the sentence too harsh.

Shall we go for the full house and credit it as a 9/11 conspiracy.

Honestly guys, you trot out the same tired baseless allegations every time something doesn't appear right to you.

Shall we go for the full house and credit it as a 9/11 conspiracy.

Honestly guys, you trot out the same tired baseless allegations every time something doesn't appear right to you.

Just read through the replies and I don't think there's anything even close to anyone suggesting there is a conspiracy? Only some comments about a sentence being too lenient, or am I missing something?

The guy killed someone through his actions and he should be in jail.

You get jail for drink driving but not for killing someone, if you ask me this stinks.

Lets not forget here a young womans life was cut short at 19 because of this guy.

Forget about the poor fella who has to live with it, more needs to be done for the victims.

My heart goes out to the beattie family

I think you'd struggle to find anyone on here who doesn't agree with the essence of your post. Bandying around allegations of corruption do nobody any favours though.

What was posted about a similar incident resulted in the closure of a previous Manx based forum after goons intimidated the site owners family in case you've forgotten so you'll forgive us if we're a touch sensitive about it.

The guy killed someone through his actions and he should be in jail.

You get jail for drink driving but not for killing someone, if you ask me this stinks.

Lets not forget here a young womans life was cut short a 19 because of this guy.

Rog, if you really want to wave a flag for justice ..go train to be a lawyer. Be very good at what you do and if you are have the ability Im sure you would be considered for deemster eventually.

I am sorry for posting the pic i was only trying to wind up ANS :D

i hope there will be an appeal for this.

Archived