Horse Trams

Roger Smelly

During TT the whole prom was at the mercy of these out of date and cruel vehicles.

I would like to see them on the pavement along the prom or a single track running in the middle of the road.

Most of the time the trams only have about 2 to 6 people on them.

Time for a change i reckon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem with them is when people don't go past them and the result is about 3 dozen cars travelling at less than 10MPH. I think that they need to be more of a novelty, let's be honest does any use them as a practical form of transport?? If not run them less frequently.

I think that they need to be more of a novelty, let's be honest does any use them as a practical form of transport?? If not run them less frequently.

i used them last year to get along the prom and couldn't belive the price of it, something like £4 each :o

won't be using them again.

something important to keep as Dandara are buldozing most of it.

Portable Dandara Apartments. - Easy access to all amenities and Central Business District. Sea Views. Free Compost.

Good idea. Considering the size of their pokey flats how many do you think they'll fit into a single tram?

The horse trams have always been there. They are part of our heritage. Cars came later so why not train the car drivers so they know they can get their huge Nissan Micra through that little gap or to train drivers of bigger vehicles to drop back 10 metres when they cannot get through to let other smaller vehicles overtake the larger one and still pass the Tram.

Its a case of common sense really and having confidence of the size of your car.

If the pavements werent so wide then there wouldnt be a problem and the cars that park on an angle are a pain in the ass.Get them moved,the only people that use them are people who are to tight to pay a £1 in chester street carpark.

The horse trams have always been there. They are part of our heritage. Cars came later so why not train the car drivers so they know they can get their huge Nissan Micra through that little gap or to train drivers of bigger vehicles to drop back 10 metres when they cannot get through to let other smaller vehicles overtake the larger one and still pass the Tram .

I believe that ALL heavy goods Drivers on one their lessons when driving down the prom that are instructed they are either to fall back from the tram 1 length of the lorry or to pull out behind the tram and let smaller vehicles pass on the left, if i had a copy of the MANX highway code i would post the page number but i was told the above on my lessons(source) :P

The horse trams have always been there. They are part of our heritage. Cars came later so why not train the car drivers so they know they can get their huge Nissan Micra through that little gap or to train drivers of bigger vehicles to drop back 10 metres when they cannot get through to let other smaller vehicles overtake the larger one and still pass the Tram.

Its a case of common sense really and having confidence of the size of your car.

Maybe they've "always been there" but they are a loss-making exercise every single year that we subsidise. Yet another out-dated institution that we have to pay for.

I'm a Douglas rate payer and I don't mind subsidising the Horse Trams but I think long term they should be transferred to MNH, but definitely kept!

Anyone know the profitability of the Steam Trains or Electric Railway? Don't see them getting an annual bashing.

Archived