Sitting Members - One At A Time (22) Quintin Gill

Lonan3

Would You Vote For  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well at least you admit it.

I haven't found one person who will admit to having voted for Pam Crowe.

Quintin Gill has been one of those grey, little heard of back benchers. We're starting to hear a lot more from him now though with an election looming!

Quintin Gill has actually been quite active and is certainly one the brighter members of the current house.

He has not been a headline grabber and hasnt wasted large amounts of money by asking ridiculous questions.

He is currently handling a political hot potato in the shape of the Oxera report which, surely, is due for publication prior to the elections.

He has also made a whole series of positive contributions to all of the numerous debates on Social Services. He hasnt done too bad for a first term.

• 5 months later...

See various other more recent threads.

However, in short, he has done nothing (other than get his name in the paper whenever the OFT do something) in his five years as an MHK. Which, is in sharp contrast to, Gawne (who I didn't vote for in the by-election).

There is also an air of general buffoonary about him. For example, his withdrawn question about the closure of Manx Online forums or the debacle of him reporting the government to the advertising standards authority over anti-speed adverts - I bet that made their day!

Then producing a "manifesto" that incredibly manages to include a double whammy of lacking any idea that, as a now experienced politician, he is aware of the real world limitations on the government, whilst having no vision of a way forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Quintin Gill has actually been quite active and is certainly one the brighter members of the current house.

He has not been a headline grabber and hasnt wasted large amounts of money by asking ridiculous questions.

He is currently handling a political hot potato in the shape of the Oxera report which, surely, is due for publication prior to the elections.

He has also made a whole series of positive contributions to all of the numerous debates on Social Services. He hasnt done too bad for a first term.

I can say that I met quintin gill last year for the first time . It was in concerning matters regarding the conduct of a government dept , and some of the very questionable practices by people in this dept ie. SOCIAL SERVICES , this man attended meetings with myself , has written many letters concerning serious issues , he has stood against people he had worked with for many years . I have always found quintin gill an honest man , and a man who will stand against injustice despite pressures and tactics employed to prevent the truth from being brought out .

This man didnt know me , but put his own career on the line in order to do this .

On a positive note received a nice e-mail from QG (as did PG) responding to an e-mail from asking about how he voted in the first round of CM elections and how he intends to vote next time.

It's easy to pledge support for open government at election time, it's another thing to practise it when you are in. This and the comments in the last few days have made me more comfortable in him being my elected representative.

edit : JW has since replied as well.

Archived