Mr/foe

FinloYessir

Is Manx Carbon Dioxide poisonous then? Perhaps we should all stop breathing! The trees will die, though. I think MR or FOE have got their facts a bit muddled.

From today's MR Website:

The Isle of Man Friends of the Earth organisation has joined a UK nationwide initiative to help reduce global warming.

The issue was raised in Tynwald questions this morning by Peel MHK Hazel Hannan.

The group has been asking local people to fill in a postcard to Harriet Harman MP in what's called the 'Big Ask' campaign, which calls for year on year cuts in CO2 emissions. :lol:

Co-ordinator for Isle of Man Friends of the Earth, John Corlett, says people on the Island need to help and there are simple things that can be done:

Carbon dioxide (CO2): A colorless, odorless, non-combustible gas, present in low concentrations in the air we breathe (about three hundredths of one percent by volume). Carbon dioxide is produced when any substance containing carbon is burned. It is also a product of breathing and fermentation. Plants absorb carbon dioxide through photosynthesis.

CO2 emissions: Carbon dioxide emissions, which increase the concentration of this gas in the Earth’s atmosphere. CO2 has become the most common greenhouse gas, contributing to global warming. Major sources of CO2 emissions include the burning of fossil fuels for energy and transportation, and the destruction of forests. Numerous studies have shown that human activity has contributed to increased atmospheric CO2. Prior to the start of the Industrial Revolution, atmospheric CO2 concentrations were about 280 parts per million by volume (ppmv). Current levels are about 370 ppmv.

Is Manx Carbon Dioxide poisonous then? Perhaps we should all stop breathing! The trees will die, though. I think MR or FOE have got their facts a bit muddled.

From today's MR Website:

The Isle of Man Friends of the Earth organisation has joined a UK nationwide initiative to help reduce global warming.

The issue was raised in Tynwald questions this morning by Peel MHK Hazel Hannan.

The group has been asking local people to fill in a postcard to Harriet Harman MP in what's called the 'Big Ask' campaign, which calls for year on year cuts in CO2 emissions. :lol:

Co-ordinator for Isle of Man Friends of the Earth, John Corlett, says people on the Island need to help and there are simple things that can be done:

post-2469-1150839034_thumb.jpg

I am constantly surprised how easily people can be brainwashed - CO2 is CO2 wherever it comes from. Perhaps your hot air is also contributing to global warming?

Are you sure you're okay? I would get that head seen too quick, it might be more serious than you think.

I am constantly surprised how easily people can be brainwashed - CO2 is CO2 wherever it comes from.

Yes your right CO2 is CO2 but its making global warming worse because of such high levels.

Any google search will tell you about Carbon Dioxide and its effects.

I am constantly surprised how easily people can be brainwashed - CO2 is CO2 wherever it comes from.

Yes your right CO2 is CO2 but its making global warming worse because of such high levels.

I get things like:

Photosynthesis may be summarised by the word equation:

carbon dioxide + water = glucose + oxygen

Seems pretty essential to me.

I get things like:

destruction of forests? and because of the hotter climate plants are dying off.

In the next week or so you'll be able to read a summary of the initial Acclimatise Report on how Climate Change is likely to affect the IOM.

Climate change is happening. CO2 levels are increasing and so are methane levels. But we can do something about it for the next generation if we want to do so. It is pretty important to take notice of what climatologists are telling us.

Phil Corlett by the way is the IOM Branch of FoE Co-ordinator.

I get things like:

They didn't say it was poisonous. Go back to your books and look up the carbon cycle, burning of fossil fuels (stored up from the plants) = too much CO2 = global warming and destruction of habitats.

I get things like:

They didn't say it was poisonous. Go back to your books and look up the carbon cycle, burning of fossil fuels (stored up from the plants) = too much CO2 = global warming and destruction of habitats.

It's going to happen anyway, but not over night. We will not suddenly wake up to find the twin islands of Barrule and the island of Snaefell are on their own in the middle of the sea as a result of ice cap melt - . We will have hundreds or more years to adapt. Fossil fuels will run out, so these so-called emissions will stop anyway, except from the volcanos.

It's going to happen anyway, but not over night. We will not suddenly wake up to find the twin islands of Barrule and the island of Snaefell are on their own in the middle of the sea as a result of ice cap melt - . We will have hundreds or more years to adapt. Fossil fuels will run out, so these so-called emissions will stop anyway, except from the volcanos.

And some people wonder why the wrold is the way it is *sigh*

Phew! That's alright then. There's me thinking it was gonna all happen a week next tuesday.

I've phoned the boys at The Kyoto Protocal and told them not to bother - the Kyoto Treaty is a load of wank and they can all do something else, now.

Thanks for solving the world's problems for me FinloYessir - god knows why they employ all these experts and scientists when you can sort it out in 10 seconds and one paragraph. Good on ya.

Archived