Mr/foe

FinloYessir

It's going to happen anyway, but not over night. We will not suddenly wake up to find the twin islands of Barrule and the island of Snaefell are on their own in the middle of the sea as a result of ice cap melt - . We will have hundreds or more years to adapt. Fossil fuels will run out, so these so-called emissions will stop anyway, except from the volcanos.

Phew! That's alright then. There's me thinking it was gonna all happen a week next tuesday.

I've phoned the boys at The Kyoto Protocal and told them not to bother - the Kyoto Treaty is a load of wank and they can all do something else, now.

Thanks for solving the world's problems for me FinloYessir - god knows why they employ all these experts and scientists when you can sort it out in 10 seconds and one paragraph. Good on ya.

It's Kyoto Protocol .

You can't even spell it so how can you pretend to understand it?

And would those be the same experts who told us we'd all be dying of Bird Flu by now? Or who said Thalidamide was safe?

Thank you for correcting me. You sure are a clever guy. You can spell 'Protocol'. You obviously understand it fully.

I spelt 'treaty' right though. Does that mean I understand the treaty?

Thank you. You are my friendly spelling reminder. I like you now. Even though you are a bit of a cock.

Thank you for correcting me. You sure are a clever guy. You can spell 'Protocol'. You obviously understand it fully.

I spelt 'treaty' right though. Does that mean I understand the treaty?

Thank you. You are my friendly spelling reminder. I like you now. Even though you are a bit of a cock.

You would not be commenting if you didn't understand what you were talking about, would you?

OK then - you are absolutely correct in one respect, the Kyoto Treaty is a load of wank - I googled and learned that the world's second biggest emitter of CO2 is China, which is explicitly excluded from the Protacol/Protocol/Treaty, and so is another big polluter, India.

So what is the point? I think that is why the USA and Australia have not ratified.

And would those be the same experts who told us we'd all be dying of Bird Flu by now? Or who said Thalidamide was safe?

Did you know that Thalidomide is used to treat Leprosy?

LOL

Don't you mean prevent?

Nope I definitely mean treat. Thalidomide is not a prevention for Leprosy.

In the 1960s the drug thalidomide was used by some pregnant women in Europe and Canada to treat morning sickness. Women who took the drug in early pregnancy gave birth to children with severe birth defects such as missing or shortened limbs. Shortly after the birth defects were observed, thalidomide was banned worldwide. It has recently been discovered that thalidomide is effective in treating symptoms of diseases such as leprosy and possibly AIDS. The state of California has identified thalidomide as a developmental hazard, which means there is proof that it may harm unborn children. However, thalidomide was approved in 1998 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat leprosy. In order to avoid tragic birth defects, the FDA has established several restrictions. Doctors prescribing and pharmacists dispensing thalidomide are required to participate in a program sponsored by the drug's manufacturer, and patients must also be educated about the drug's effects. Female patients must be tested for pregnancy before and while taking the drug and must use two forms of birth control if sexually active. Men taking thalidomide must also practice birth control because it is not known if thalidomide can produce defects in the children they conceive. Donating of blood or semen and breast feeding are prohibited while taking the drug.

Did you know that Thalidomide is used to treat Leprosy?

LOL

Don't you mean prevent?

Nope I definitely mean treat. Thalidomide is not a prevention for Leprosy.

In the 1960s the drug thalidomide was used by some pregnant women in Europe and Canada to treat morning sickness. Women who took the drug in early pregnancy gave birth to children with severe birth defects such as missing or shortened limbs. Shortly after the birth defects were observed, thalidomide was banned worldwide. It has recently been discovered that thalidomide is effective in treating symptoms of diseases such as leprosy and possibly AIDS. The state of California has identified thalidomide as a developmental hazard, which means there is proof that it may harm unborn children. However, thalidomide was approved in 1998 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat leprosy. In order to avoid tragic birth defects, the FDA has established several restrictions. Doctors prescribing and pharmacists dispensing thalidomide are required to participate in a program sponsored by the drug's manufacturer, and patients must also be educated about the drug's effects. Female patients must be tested for pregnancy before and while taking the drug and must use two forms of birth control if sexually active. Men taking thalidomide must also practice birth control because it is not known if thalidomide can produce defects in the children they conceive. Donating of blood or semen and breast feeding are prohibited while taking the drug.

Wow, sounds like it's coming to handbags at dawn huh

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, aint all this debate good!

At least if we're talking about Climate Change then surely people will be thinking about there impact on the planet.

I think FY is just stirring things up a bit. :rolleyes: ....isn't he? - tell me he is please! :unsure:

It's going to happen anyway, but not over night. We will not suddenly wake up to find the twin islands of Barrule and the island of Snaefell are on their own in the middle of the sea as a result of ice cap melt - . We will have hundreds or more years to adapt. Fossil fuels will run out, so these so-called emissions will stop anyway, except from the volcanos.

heh, funny.

Archived