Paramount Tonight?

ha ha this is making me laugh, cause i hate parashite with a passion! Okay so I only come IOM about once a year and usually end up in some party or decent night when im over on Man, but one time I was forced to go Paramount as all me mates was goin (oh actually i tell a lie ) i have been there bout 4 times and each time a part of me died! it was full of the people i went to school with (unfort the ones i didnt quite gell wit) who now all work for banks and finance companies and who are living the "manx dream" and they like to talk to you about how they have an account at Next and hav a house in some new trendy housing estate outside douglas, oh and that they have a new peach bathroom suite, and yes being an accountant aint that bad etc!! okay so im being sarcastic and slightly harsh, but yea its just full of people who work in banks isnt it???? It kind of tries to be trendy, up market place but it needs a good refurb - its sooo grotty!

mind you i have been hammered everytime i have been in there and usuallygone home within an hour from being bored, resentful that i have to walk home to mona st, and just down right gaggin for a decent night - you know that empty drunk feeling you get when you are SO not having a good time and you get all upset and wistful about the good nights you have had!, so all in all not a good place for me!

Equally I hate colours cause its the same thing, either people you hated at Schoo being in there or just loads a fights!

Dont get me started on breeze - is that still going? Its kind of okay though in a weird way!Its a bit grimy shite in a good way!

ha ha this is making me laugh, cause i hate parashite with a passion! Okay so I only come IOM about once a year and usually end up in some party or decent night when im over on Man, but one time I was forced to go Paramount as all me mates was goin (oh actually i tell a lie ) i have been there bout 4 times and each time a part of me died! it was full of the people i went to school with (unfort the ones i didnt quite gell wit) who now all work for banks and finance companies and who are living the "manx dream" and they like to talk to you about how they have an account at Next and hav a house in some new trendy housing estate outside douglas, oh and that they have a new peach bathroom suite, and yes being an accountant aint that bad etc!! okay so im being sarcastic and slightly harsh, but yea its just full of people who work in banks isnt it???? It kind of tries to be trendy, up market place but it needs a good refurb - its sooo grotty!

mind you i have been hammered everytime i have been in there and usuallygone home within an hour from being bored, resentful that i have to walk home to mona st, and just down right gaggin for a decent night - you know that empty drunk feeling you get when you are SO not having a good time and you get all upset and wistful about the good nights you have had!, so all in all not a good place for me!

Equally I hate colours cause its the same thing, either people you hated at Schoo being in there or just loads a fights!

Dont get me started on breeze - is that still going? Its kind of okay though in a weird way!Its a bit grimy shite in a good way!

What do you expect? There's no where 2 go on the Isle of Man.Even the shit clubs here in England walk over the Isle of Man clubs.

Yes! you hit the nail on the head there.

Everytime i walk in there i feel like everyone is giving me snotty looks :unsure:

The clubs here just don't do it for me at all, so I don't go to any of them.

Even 10 years ago, when I first came here, none of them felt 'right'.

Now there's even less choice, so less reason to bother going out.

Archived