Jersey Live Music Festival

Ripsaw

I've mentioned Jersey Live before to ask if the Isle of Man couldn't do something similar, but special mention for the 2006 event following the news on 'This is Jersey' that the £35 tickets were being sold on soon after they sold out.

Jersey Live tickets have already began switching hands for over £100 - just one day after all tickets on general sale sold out.

It is understood that some people were selling them the moment they left Jersey Telecom's Minden Street store on Wednesday evening after thousands of people queued for hours to get their hands on the £35 tickets.

People were restricted to four tickets each for the event on 2 September which will be headlined by Snow Patrol, Editors and The Zutons.

One woman, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'There are people where I work who have already put their tickets up for sale on the internal message board for £100. I think that is wrong because there are people like me who queued on Wednesday night but were unable to get any tickets.'

I thought I'd have a quick look on eBay to see if any entrepeneurs had decided to use the Internet to cash in and indeed, there are a number available.

There is even a single ticket on "Buy it Now" for the pricely sum of £7,000. :blink:

Jersey Live started in 2004 and although aimed at Islanders, it does attract "music tourists". It also supports and promotes the 'local' music scene.

Thoughts about Manx Live 2007?

Links:

BBC Overview and band news.

Jersey Live Website

Didn't we discuss this before?

I think it's a great idea, I'm sure I've mentioned the Nokia festival on the Isle of Wight before too.

Why not eh, this island can be more than just the TT surely?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived