Sitting Members - One At A Time (23) Phil Gawne

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At last - the final 'sitting member!' It's been a long haul. (There are only 23 because Adrian Duggan announced his retirement before I got round to him).Manx to the bone - with time served in prison to prove his passion for all things Manx - but is he a poacher-turned-gamekeeper, or does he still have the 'fire' of his youth?

The decision, as ever, is yours.

Didn't vote for him in the by-election. However, since hearing the Radio 4 programme on him I've warmed to him. I'm impressed with his comittment and I'm certain he's motivated by the best interests of the Island rather than furthering his career. Jury is still out on whether he has the competance to be the real deal but he's not been in office long, and for that reason of the three Rushen MHK's he is the only one I'll vote for with any conviction.

I liked the gag at the Young Farmers Concert this year where a couple of female MHKs were discussing the relative sex appeal of the various members. " . . . . and that Phil Gawne can't half set the house on fire".

mhhh . . . well, perhaps you had to be there!

When I heard of Mr Gawne's past activities I was extremely concerned that he was not an appropriate figure to be representing the Island at the highest level.

However in my dealings with him I've found him pragmatic and reasonable. People change and what in youth was a burning and misdirected ardour has become a commitment for the Island tempered by experience (and prison).

People can reform and he gets my vote.

Archived