Air Fares

willstain

I got a couple of things here to get off my chest;

- how much do you think is a reasonable fare to pay? £150 to London city seems pretty good to me. Likewise given the prices rising due to fuel costs they seem much better after inflation compared to about 10 or 20 years ago...anyone got any old tickets and booking dates so we could compare? Compare a few hundred quid to getting across and back with 30-odd quid dhoolish to peel/ramsey by tacsi?! eh!

you pay thru the nose for late booking but there you go

- I'm as sick as anyone as the constant route jockeying. It looks tacky and unprofessional.

- got to be honest and say I don't feel safety is as important with euromanx as it is with BA. I'm sure it is but my perception is that it isn't. I mean, how could anyone buy emerald airways and fail to do their due diligence?

- look at other similar routes round the UK and we're no different. If anything (except the easyjet/ryanair routes), on regional we look pretty good. Try booking easyjet last minute from city to city and it's mega £££

- that reward scheme by euromanx is/was appalling. If you can't do it properly, don't do it all. And don;t make anyone cough up extra to join a loyalty scheme unless it;s at p diddy's niteclub or something. First rule of biz skool. And that CEO lurking on the forum was lame, you shouldn't do that man in your position, it;s asking for trouble, if you need any troubleshooting, I'm here but not cheap!!!

that's all

HA

I'm concerned about you comments relating to safety. Could you please clarify.

John Seymour

CEO

EuroManx

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14234

BA had one of those a few months ago. According to the report the passengers could hear the 'pull up' warning too.

One all I think.

Really, BA?! Would like more details on that. http://www.manxradio.com/ReadItem.aspx?ID=...mp;cate=General is the only recetn one I recall

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a question for john Seymour, if he is still dropping by. Why can't this frequent flyers club thing be made easier to operate? I've been a member of a number of airline loyalty programmes in the past, and they always clock up your air miles automatically. With Euromanx you have to physically deliver the used boarding pass either at the desk or by post. Who can be bothered?

Generally speaking though, i like the airline. I'm on course to spend about 4 grand with them on flights during the course of the year

If my memory serves me correctly I have never flown on Austromanx and nor do I ever intend on doing so, the website is enough to give you a headache (just to look at) and the whole operation seems rather temporary to me.

The oh so idle government need to question whether an open skies policy is really in the best interests of the Island. We now have flights to every other airport in London apart from Heathrow, by far the most important airport in Europe. BA has deliberately moved flights to Gatwick (along with Inverness, Guernsey and Jersey) I believe to pressure the UK government to build a third runway at Heathrow. Its as simple as that. BA have just swapped/ bought/ press ganged Malev of Hungary to transfer to Gatwick for a reported 7 million pounds. Same with Lithuanian Airlines the other year.

So its not really lack of slots thats the problem its the will to serve small communities that is lacking. Its all very well for the head of BA Connect to say that 'flag carriers are dead' and the open free market is the only way to fly but he is only seeing it from the outside looking in.

Surely the IOM could afford to own 3 pairs of daily slots at LHR and tender out the route to be operated on its behalf - I hate to say it but the French have 30% of slots at Paris reserved for flights to the regions, is a bit of government regulation such a bad thing?

Surely the IOM could afford to own 3 pairs of daily slots at LHR and tender out the route to be operated on its behalf.

They did, and that is what they sold to BA. BA were never interested in Manx Airlines, only the Heathrow slots.

"They"

I thought that the 3 per day Isle of Man - Heathrow slots were owned by Manx Airlines Ltd which was then owned by British Regional Airlines Group plc, all of this Company's shares were purchased by British Airways plc.

The Manx Airlines brand continued under BA's ownership for 12 months but using LGW in place of LHR. BA used the slots at LHR for something else as they now owned them.

So the IOM, JER or GCI all lost their LHR slots as they were owned by the airlines who operated them and not the governments.

How much for 3 peak slots per day at LHR £10million............?

Archived