What They Are Saying In Westminster About The T T ?

manxchatterbox

On 19 June Geraldine Smith MP tabled an EDM regarding the TT.

An Early Day Motion is a colloquial term for a notice given by a Member for which no date has been fixed for debate.

Geraldine Smith is a Labour MP and her Constituency is Morecambe and Lunesdale

That is not what I would call an early day motion. Mine usually involves a roll of andrex and a copy of the Daily Mirror

An Early Day Motion is a colloquial term for a notice given by a Member for which no date has been fixed for debate.

That's the polite way of putting it.

It's in reality a piece of irrelevant whimsy that will never, ever be debated because there's nothing to debate.

Ms Smith only posted this one because Mr McGuinness is a constituent of hers, and she hopes to bathe in some of his reflected glory.

Ms Smith only posted this one because Mr McGuinness is a constituent of hers, and she hopes to bathe in some of his reflected glory.

Well I suppose if you live in Morecambe there is bugger all else to shout about.

I find the Courier is much more absorbent.

At least we can be grateful that is a pro TT EDM.

(My copy of the Courier is usually already full when I get it. My favourite headlines this week were 'cat stuck in tree' and 'the mayor wears a toupee').

(My copy of the Courier is usually already full when I get it. My favourite headlines this week were 'cat stuck in tree' and 'the mayor wears a toupee').

It would be so much more interesting if the mayor was stuck up a tree and the cat was wearing a toupee.

It would be so much more interesting if the mayor was stuck up a tree and the cat was wearing a toupee.

Not to mention if the mayor was stuck up the cat.

Not to mention if the mayor was stuck up the cat.

No, you are just being silly now, trees don't wear toupees, 'cept in winter, of course!

As for the mayor and the cat, isn't there a children's story about that? (Although the version I read, didn't overtly contain any references to bestiality!)

Archived