Another Scam

Theskeat

Why are the Manx GPO delivering these tickets to homes on the IOM, the office of fair trading is spending money warning people not to respond to the scams yet another Government department delivers them. 1000s have been delivered and the tickets all say you are guaranteed to win one of the 152 prizes printed on the back page, the sums dont add up 1000s of tickets and ony 152 prizes.

post-2146-1151756383_thumb.jpg

It's says 100+ Jeep Wristwatches.

With a £7.99 secure delivery charge. I'm guessing every one except few luck people pay about £9.00 for the phone call plus £7.99 to get a watch that's going for £8.00 on Ebay

That's how these scams work. They prey on the stupid being unable to work out the odds and the number of prizes and not reading the small print.

See the original post for an example.

Yeah, its pretty obvious when the watch is the only item that doesn't have an exact figure for the number available and is the only one to have a "secure delivery charge"

I guess the promotion sound better than saying "please pay over the odd for a cheap watch"

You guys are just being overly suspicious.

It all sounds fantastic! And that leaflet looks really genuine.

So I'm going to pinch Ms Moll's Windfall Identification Code and ring in, and text a few times too just to be sure, and see if I can't win that unclaimed big money cash prize.

In fact I'm so certain of winning I think I'll buy that new car right now. I can always use my credit card until the cash arrives ...

I love the idea of these "competitions". You guarantee a prize every time of a miniscule value and chuck a few disirable items into the mix as a teaser. By the time all the fools have spent their £9 on the phone calls you'll make 10 times the combined value of all the prizes. And it's 100% legal!

If I had the capital to start it off I'd do it.

That's how these scams work. They prey on the stupid being unable to work out the odds and the number of prizes and not reading the small print.

See the original post for an example.

In reply to all the PMs, i dont know what the problem is, yes I agree that it does seem to be a personal thingy,

Archived