Local Produce - Traceability And Local Restaurants

manxchatterbox

FROM next week, pubs and restaurants will have to clearly indicate on their menus where their beef comes from.

A new regulation which comes into force on July 3 means that steaks and other beef dishes will have to indicate clearly the "country of origin" of the steaks and beef dishes on their menus.

Some restaurateurs and publicans say that this will cause them enormous difficulties as they will have to keep changing their menus according to whether their suppliers are providing Irish, Brazilian, German beef or beef from other countries.

If this can be done elsewhere why can't it be done with IOM restauarnts??

DeejayDenzel:- "Surely a simple "our beef is from cows" would do the trick"

..it would certainly make me think about how much I was paying for a fillet steak.... if it was advertised as coming from a cow....

You can afford fillet steak?!

Peasanty rump or frying steak for me every time and that's rare enough.

Get it?

Same here Cret, although I have never understood the attraction of fillet steak. Tender? Yes. But tasty? No. Ribeye is the best in my book.

BTW, I don't understand the connection between fillet steak coming from a cow and the price. Hang on, I suppose steaks come from bullocks as the females will be kept for milk, is that the reason?

Same here Cret, although I have never understood the attraction of fillet steak. Tender? Yes. But tasty? No. Ribeye is the best in my book.

BTW, I don't understand the connection between fillet steak coming from a cow and the price. Hang on, I suppose steaks come from bullocks as the females will be kept for milk, is that the reason?

agree on the ribeye and yes.

Archived