Cheeky Or Dishonest?

lectro

I came across this website http://www.manxmoviesound.com/

On it the guy says "AS WELL AS A BASE IN THE UK, SAO BRAS IN PORTUGAL'S ALGARVE AND FUENGIROLA IN SOUTHERN SPAIN I HAVE A LOCAL ADDRESS IN THE ISLE OF MAN WHICH ALLOWS PRODUCTION COMPANIES TO USE MY FEES AS PART OF THEIR LOCAL SPEND IF THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE ISLANDS TAX INCENTIVES FOR FILMS."

His contact details are for the UK.

By Snail-mail at:

69 Ivygreen Drive

Springhead

Oldham

UK

OL4 4PR

By Phone:

0161 622 0155

International:

(UK) +44(0)161 622 0155

Maybe it's no big deal, but I think it's wrong. Just because the guy has an address here means he can promote himself as a Manx company (as per the Tax incentive scheme). I wonder how many other companies use this tactic?

I don't see what the problem is. If the guy is self employed and successful (which obviously from his film credits he is) then he could have several bases and homes. People in this line of work spend their life in many different places all around the world - often for several months at a time. As long as he pays his taxes IMHO it's fine.

I don't see what the problem is. If the guy is self employed and successful (which obviously from his film credits he is) then he could have several bases and homes. People in this line of work spend their life in many different places all around the world - often for several months at a time. As long as he pays his taxes IMHO it's fine.

Albert its wrong no matter how you look at it :rolleyes:

Albert its wrong no matter how you look at it :rolleyes:

I know quite a bit about this area. I would advise you to do some further research especially on declaring world-wide income if your main residence happens to be the UK (unless of course from your BNP perspective you think he should not be fraternising with 'Johnny Foreigner').

I don't see a problem. He's got a Manx address for claiming tax breaks available in connection wiht local spend / Manx films. I don't think he'd be able to film the new Scott of the Antarctic on genuine location and claim through the Manx company, whereas if he filmed through a Manx company on the Island he could do.

Archived