Tynwald Day

ccm

Frances, you're right. If it falls on a Saturday then I think people get the Monday off or it's held in lieu.

Sorry for misleading folx but it has been put right now.

However, I think I might go down to Peel beach tomorrow and get naked, paint myself blue and throw rocks at the Vikings. Anyone else :D

Albert, I don't know who you had it off, where you had it off and with whom you had off with, but if you want to have it off with local Manks prostitiutes, I would'nt now where to go. But I do know that there was a Local Brothel in Ramsey in the mid 1800's so ask about up there and see if it still live on. :P

According to Mec Vannin, "our national day is not an official public holiday..."

http://www.energyfm.net/news/bulletinstory2.htm (is this link going to change when they update each story?!!)

hmmmm, someone had better tell the Treasury :)

http://www.gov.im/infocentre/ViewNews.gov?...ml&menuid=10160

Nationalists fight for official Tynwald Day holiday

Last Updated:05/07/2006 11:36:03

Manx nationalists are slamming the failure of a large number of firms who don't automatically give staff a Tynwald Day holiday.

While acknowledging some people will always be required to work on such days,for instance the emergency services,they say more could be done to ensure everyone can join in the festivities.

Mark Kermode,Chairman of Mec Vannin,says although our national day is not an official public holiday, it should be recognised by all of those people who choose to live and work here - whether they are of Manx origin or not.......

Meanwhile, Bernard Moffatt of the Celtic League feels an all Island celebration on Tynwald Day would help make immigrants feel much more a part of the Manx way of life...........

My place must be ace then.

I get senior race day off, Tynwald day off, both paid of course.

plus the usual easter/ xmas and all other bank holidays.

plus 4 weeks of my own time off, and all paid.

B)

Thought about this after I had posted above, but if you are salaried (i.e. same amount month in, month out regardless of what your holidays are whether public or contractual) you will get public holidays time off and paid. It is only people who are paid on a hours worked basis, I guess, that will see whether they get paid for it or not. I suspect that the all holidays are taken into account when fixing a salary anyway.

Old saying, but there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Bombay, surely you have heard of Senior Race Day?

Thought about this after I had posted above, but if you are salaried (i.e. same amount month in, month out regardless of what your holidays are whether public or contractual) you will get public holidays time off and paid. It is only people who are paid on a hours worked basis, I guess, that will see whether they get paid for it or not. I suspect that the all holidays are taken into account when fixing a salary anyway.

Old saying, but there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Bombay, surely you have heard of Senior Race Day?

Yes but not where the contract of employment states that you can't have the 2 Manx Bank Holidays.

Archived