Is It A Soap Box ? No Its Speakers Corner..not

manxchatterbox

post-1753-1152135835_thumb.jpg

......so the PAG had a Town Crier trying to get them some attention and invited those present to avail themselves of a "Speakers Corner" type soap box - but no-one did...

...although Steve Rodan Peter Karran and Brenda Cannell were seen close by checking out the the tent and what was happening...

brian038al.jpg

BRIAN:

Don't you, eh, pass judgment on other people, or you might get judged yourself.

COLIN:

What?

BRIAN:

I said, 'Don't pass judgment on other people, or else you might get judged, too.'

COLIN:

Who, me?

BRIAN:

Yes.

COLIN:

Oh. Ooh. Thank you very much.

BRIAN:

Well, not just you. All of you.

brian027fp.jpg

You were 10 foot away from one of the speakers and yet you come here and ask us?

Sheeeesh.

The guy with the beard looks like he is giving MCB a strange look!

I'm sure i've seen him before aswell?

It was an attempt to give people an opportunity to 'sound off' on a subject close to their hearts.

Sadly, no-one took the option and spoke out loud about anything, they just sidled off into the undergrowth and moaned a lot about stuff they don't understand, as usual.

I would have spoken myself but am more than happy about living on the IOM and count myself amongst some of the happiest people in the northern hemisphere. (also I am friends with the organisers and feel it would have been opportunistic, that I'll leave to the likes of Brenda and friends)

post-1753-1152135835_thumb.jpg

......so the PAG had a Town Crier trying to get them some attention and invited those present to avail themselves of a "Speakers Corner" type soap box - but no-one did...

I felt sorry for them - as I walked past some chap was sort of muttering semi-loudly to himself as people just walked past and ignored him.

If this is the sort of effort they are going to put into "opposition" they really shouldn't bother, it was embarrassing - the announcer himself looked to me as if he had given up a good few hours before I walked past.

It was just like the Life Of Brian sketch!!

I must have met the photographer who took that picture. I was on the stall opposite and that is my 10 year old daughter at the left hand side of the picture.

Yes, those guys were desperate for a response. They even came over and asked me to stand on the box and say something, "ANYTHING!" they begged. I declined as I could'nt think of anything at the time!.

Archived