Film Crews

Theskeat

Ive just returned home from work to find the area that i live in blocked off with wagons, vans ect, should residents not be informed about film crews wanting to block off peoples homes when filming or get permission first, nothing in the paper about it.

I'd of thought you would've been pleased to be 'almost famous'. :)

They were filming in the house next door to my old house last week, I'll watch the movie just to see my house. (She who lives there now may think its her house, but everyone knows....it will always be my house!)

Where would we be without the film industry?

Apologies for sounding a bit 'Theskeat-ish' but there are some that say the incidence of house-breaking goes up when there is filming over here, but on the other hand some of our local miscreants are given film related work and are supplied with at least one good square meal a day and are kept occupied and presumably out of trouble.

I know there are many nice people involved in the Film Industry over here, so apologies for the tarring with the same brush type thing, but the above is certainly my experience.

I saw one of the film crew sites on the way to work this morning, i thought they have to give residents notice if they are closing the raod.

They filmed on our street last year and came round a couple of weeks before to let us know and if there was going to be an inconvenience then they asked to be contacted.

edit: spelling

They are down on Ballahaughton Hill Road in Saddlestone. There is currently a diversion whilst the Saddle Road roadworks are going on so all they have done is move this to the next road along to reduce the traffic going past. If you like you can still drive down it.......

I've got a friend who lives there and he said he got a notice through his letterbox a week or so ago saying filming would be taking place but access to properties etc would be maintained.

If you are who you say your not then you don't live on the road itself. I don't expect them to mail every house in Saddlestone about it!

I feel sorry for the people who live in the houses on the Naighbours set, people actually live there.....

I know because they totally won't have had any warning or won't have received a penny.

Besides is neighbours the one with the hotties?

I saw them filming at Spring Valley this morning.

We have had two films made at a house around the corner. The first was the TV drama with Billie Piper and the second was "Marian Again" where the house was the home of the subject family so there was much more activity and vans etc. Not an inconvenience, but quite interesting, although every time I went past I had to resolutely keep looking forward so as not to be seen as a celeb. rubbernecker!

We have had two films made at a house around the corner. The first was the TV drama with Billie Piper and the second was "Marian Again" where the house was the home of the subject family so there was much more activity and vans etc. Not an inconvenience, but quite interesting, although every time I went past I had to resolutely keep looking forward so as not to be seen as a celeb. rubbernecker!

that's great for the house-owner, they go on holiday when it's all happening and miss all the hassle it causes, it's the neighbours who have generators running and a chap sat in a car all night outside their driveway ;(

I suspect we must be neighbours-ish TF.

Loved the way after the film crew left, the next thing was a new block paved drive. I would do the same if I could organise the various bits to make the fee worthwhile.

When filming 'Marian Again' there was alot of activity, but the main instrusion was the lights during night filming and, yes, the gennies running, but they didn't run too late. However, I had to laugh at the sign on someone's back garden gate which said ' Green Room', it probably led to a shed!

'Stormbreaker' has had some media coverage (an article in last Saturday's Telegraph), anyone know how that is going to pan out?

They are down on Ballahaughton Hill Road in Saddlestone. There is currently a diversion whilst the Saddle Road roadworks are going on so all they have done is move this to the next road along to reduce the traffic going past. If you like you can still drive down it.......

I've got a friend who lives there and he said he got a notice through his letterbox a week or so ago saying filming would be taking place but access to properties etc would be maintained.

If you are who you say your not then you don't live on the road itself. I don't expect them to mail every house in Saddlestone about it!

Saddlestone ? :whatever:

that's great for the house-owner, they go on holiday when it's all happening and miss all the hassle it causes, it's the neighbours who have generators running and a chap sat in a car all night outside their driveway ;(

Probably redecorated too!!!!

PS - Hope the owner like the new colour scheme when they get home!!!!

Archived